Complaint Review: Credit Helpers

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2003

• Reported By:San Jose California
Credit Helpers
New Jersey, USA Linwood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Credit Helpers ripoff, illegal withdrawal Linwood New Jersey

*Author of original report: 4 months and still no refund, now what

I was approached in late March with an offer that was just what I was looking for at the time. A credit card with a $2500 limit and 6.2% interest rate. The gentleman who I spoke to represented Bank of America and stated that i had been approved for a Bancamericard!-Liar- He mentioned that I would recieve a credit helpers credit kit to help me fix any bad credit along with my card. I was overjoyed.

Having had a good experience with a similar offer from another bank, I didn't hesitate to accept the offer.
On or about May 21st I had a 2nd thought and decided that I would wait to do this till my $ was a little better. I have 4 children and when they need something, I need to get It!

I phoned and canceled my approval. I was assured that I could get this same rate at a future time, as I was pre-approved. My money was taken from my account on June 5th- I was out of town at a training session for my company. I didn't check for a debit. It didn't dawn on me, that is until a check bounced a week or so later. I thought I had miscalculated, and then I saw my bank statement!
They put their phone # right on it, as if you could get any help there!

By this time I recieved a package with some junk I would never have paid a dollar for, nonetheless $249! I tried today to get some help from them, but they stated that a bank would be contacting me shortly so why didn't I just hold on till it arrives! Then I called my Bank and I am going down to file for an illegal withdrawal!

I cannot believe that there are people who would do this! I am a hardworking, mother of 4 and when I have to go home today and tell them they don't get any new summer clothes, they are going to be heartbroken! JERKS!

Lori
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2003 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Helpers/Linwood-New-Jersey/Credit-Helpers-ripoff-illegal-withdrawal-Linwood-New-Jersey-62353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Helpers

4 months and still no refund, now what

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

I heard from Scott Richards today and he said they were going to send me a refund. he asked why I was disatisfied and I explained that I had never recieved a card from any bank as they had stated I would . He asked that i return the folder they had sent me and they would refund my money in 7-10 days. He than asked my to withdraw my complaint from the dept. of Justice.

Lets see what happens...