Complaint Review: Credit Inform, Capital One Credit Card

• Submitted: Mon, June 13, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, June 19, 2011

• Reported By: Maximus — New York United States of America
Credit Inform, Capital One Credit Card
CreditInform Customer Service, PO Box 222455 Chantilly, Virginia United States of America

Credit Inform, Capital One Credit Card Credit Inform UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES BY CREDIT INFORM - AFTER NUMEROUS CALLS AND LETTERS, WE FINALLY RECEIVED A FULL REFUND OF $107.88! JUSTICE PREVAILED!! Chantilly, Virginia

*Author of original report: Credit Inform Scam - I won against Credit Inform after relentless pursuit of justice. Justice prevailed!

*Author of original report: Update

June 11, 2011 - Credit inform is not a company but a scamming cult!! They took advantage of my father's Capital One credit card. Of course, my father did not even aware that his bill was being charged $8.99 every month since May of last year!! I contacted Capital One and they keep saying credit inform is their affiliate company and Capital One has nothing to do with them. Credit inform hung up on me several times and after my fifth calls, they offered only 4 months worth of credit back to my father's account. I refused and asked every penny of money that they took advantage of. I even wrote a letter to Capital One Investigative Solutions Dispute Correspondents but in vain. After the letter, they are now offering $50 back but I am not giving in since they took $108 from my father's account. I am still fighting against their fraudulent business practice.

June 13, 2011 - This is an update from june 11, 2011's note. After numerous phone calls, writing an official letter and relentless pursuit for justice, I finally won! Initially Capital One representatives stated that they have nothing to do with Credit Inform. However, after numerous calls to Capital One, I was able to persuade one of Capital One associates to make a three way call to Credit Inform so Capital One and I both can request for a full refund. Initially, Credit Inform hung up on us three times. Even the Capital One customer representative who made the three way call said Credit Inform is wierd and unprofessional. After fourth calls, we were finally able to speak to one of the Credit Inform managers. The Credit Inform manager was asking all the detailed questions to the Capital One associate about his name, employee ID, and physical location of the capital one service center etc... and even asking him "Is capital one okay with refunding the full amount to this customer? Are you sure?" before refunding the full amount. I noticed that Credit Inform was trying everything that they could to avoid giving my father a full refund but they ended up refunding us the full amount. It was exactly $107.88! Justice prevailed but with great effort and energy!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2011 07:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Inform-Capital-One-Credit-Card/Chantilly-Virginia-20153/Credit-Inform-Capital-One-Credit-Card-Credit-Inform-UNAUTHORIZED-CHARGES-BY-CREDIT-INFORM-740359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Inform, Capital One Credit Card

AUTHOR: Maximus - (USA)

June 11, 2011 - Credit Inform is not a company but a scamming cult!! They took advantage of my father's Capital One credit card. Of course, my father did not even aware that his Capital One account was being charged $8.99 every month since May of last year!! I contacted Capital One and they kept saying that Credit Inform is their affiliate company and Capital One has nothing to do with them. When I called Credit Inform, they hung up on me several times and after my fifth calls, one of their managers offered me only 4 months worth of credit back to my father's account. I refused and asked every penny of money that they took advantage of. I even wrote a letter to Capital One Investigative Solutions Dispute Correspondents but in vain.  However, after the letter and numerous phone calls, they offered me a $50 credit but I am not giving in since they took nearly $108 from my father's account. I am still fighting against their fraudulent business practice.

June 13, 2011 - This is an update from june 11, 2011's note.  After numerous phone calls, writing an official letter and relentless pursuit for justice, I finally won!  Initially, Capital One representatives stated that they have nothing to do with Credit Inform.  However, after numerous phone calls to Capital One, I was able to persuade one of Capital One associates to make a three way call to Credit Inform so Capital One and I both can request for a full refund.  Initially, Credit Inform hung up on us three times.  Even the Capital One customer representative who made the three way call said Credit Inform is weird and unprofessional. After fourth calls, we were finally able to speak to one of the Credit Inform managers.  The Credit Inform manager was asking all the detailed questions to the Capital One associate about his name, employee ID, and physical location of the Capital One Service Center that he is calling from etc... and even asking him "Is capital one okay with refunding the full amount to this customer? Are you sure?" before refunding the full amount. I noticed that Credit Inform was trying everything that they could to avoid giving my father a full refund but they ended up refunding us the full amount.  It was exactly $107.88!  Justice prevailed but with great effort and energy!

Update

AUTHOR: Maximus - (USA)

June 11, 2011 - Credit Inform is not a company but a scamming cult!! They took advantage of my father's Capital One credit card. Of course, my father did not even aware that his Capital One account was being charged $8.99 every month since May of last year!! I contacted Capital One and they kept saying that Credit Inform is their affiliate company and Capital One has nothing to do with them. When I called Credit Inform, they hung up on me several times and after my fifth calls, one of their managers offered me only 4 months worth of credit back to my father's account. I refused and asked every penny of money that they took advantage of. I even wrote a letter to Capital One Investigative Solutions Dispute Correspondents but in vain.  However, after the letter and numerous phone calls, they offered me a $50 credit but I am not giving in since they took nearly $108 from my father's account. I am still fighting against their fraudulent business practice.

June 13, 2011 - This is an update from june 11, 2011's note.  After numerous phone calls, writing an official letter and relentless pursuit for justice, I finally won!  Initially, Capital One representatives stated that they have nothing to do with Credit Inform.  However, after numerous phone calls to Capital One, I was able to persuade one of Capital One associates to make a three way call to Credit Inform so Capital One and I both can request for a full refund.  Initially, Credit Inform hung up on us three times.  Even the Capital One customer representative who made the three way call said Credit Inform is weird and unprofessional. After fourth calls, we were finally able to speak to one of the Credit Inform managers.  The Credit Inform manager was asking all the detailed questions to the Capital One associate about his name, employee ID, and physical location of the Capital One Service Center that he is calling from etc... and even asking him "Is capital one okay with refunding the full amount to this customer? Are you sure?" before refunding the full amount. I noticed that Credit Inform was trying everything that they could to avoid giving my father a full refund but they ended up refunding us the full amount.  It was exactly $107.88!  Justice prevailed but with great effort and energy!