Complaint Review: Credit Management, LP

• Updated: Fri, March 28, 2014

• Reported By: Judy D — Winnebago Illinois
Credit Management, LP
4200 International Parkway Carrollton, Texas USA

Credit Management, LP Just received a collection letter for a bill ,I paid, to Qwest 7 years ago Carrollton Texas

*Consumer Comment: Same Here....

I just received a collections letter from Credit Management, LP stating they are collecting an unpaid debt I owe to CenturyLink (Formerly QWEST).  I had Qwest service in Idaho from 1992 to 2007.  I moved from the area and had all of my mail forwarded to my new address.  I paid all of my bills and have never in 7 years gotten any from Qwest or Century Link saying they showed an amount due on my account.

I called Credit Management to try to get this cleared up, and they were not interested in anything I had to say.  They just kept repeating, "This is a valid debt, and you owe this money."  I asked them if there was any record of Qwest or Centurly Link attempting to contact me in the past 7 years, and they just kept insisting I owed the money.

They told me I had to pay the money unless I could send them proof that I paid this bill 7 years ago.  In the past 7 years, I have changed banks and accounts.  It will take a lot of time to come up with the documentation they require to get them off my back and keep my good credit clean.

Is anyone else having this experience with them?  Is there a class action lawsuit in process?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2014 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Management-LP/Carrollton-Texas-75011/Credit-Management-LP-Just-received-a-collection-letter-for-a-bill-I-paid-to-Qwest-7-ye-1134546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Management, LP

Same Here....

AUTHOR: Shannon - ()

we are in Colorado and I recieved a letter saying I owed Centurylink for amounts from Quest from 2008 that I know were paid at the time of services, but they said I owed almost $600.00!  Long story short, I argued with them the same way it sounds like you have, and ended up paying them just a couple months ago for the settlement offer they sent for about 50%.  Just today, I checked my fiances' credit report, and it is showing he owed Centurylink $102! And he has never had their services EVER!! Its also from credit management.  I still feel like I shouldn't of paid them but it was the only way for them to leave me alone and for that to get off my record.