Complaint Review: Credit One Bank Credit Card

• Submitted: Wed, February 10, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 10, 2010

• Reported By: doctordonzo — State College Pennsylvania United States of America
Credit One Bank Credit Card
city of industry, California United States of America

Credit One Bank Credit Card sneaky, deceptive and probably waaaay illegal city of industry , California

Having skimmed over many of the current reports about Credit One Bank I find that my experience is similar.  In the two months I have had the card (with a three hundred dollar limit) I have already made a forty dollar payment and my current bill (due in three days) is for a minimum of $52.00 which apparently includes a yearly service fee of 5.95 plus a late fee of $32.00 ... amazingly the fee is due this month (February uh ... in three days mind ya!!) The bill was sent to me last month so I'd say they're getting pretty complacent.  Clearly this outfit is operating in some realm of the twilight zone that I'm not familiar with.  I have little doubt that these practices, if not outright illegal must be considered deceptive by consumer protection advocates.  My question is this:  Has anyone filed an official complaint with appropriate legal agencies and if not has anyone considered banding together to pursue a class action lawsuit?  I'd sure be willing to hop onboard if the answer is yes to either.  I don't have a clue how to go about it, but you can bet yer bottom dollar (and after dealing with these folks I'm sure it WILL be yer bottom dollar) I will find out!  Thanks for cyber-listening :-) *sigh*

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2010 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank-Credit-Card/city-of-industry-California-/Credit-One-Bank-Credit-Card-sneaky-deceptive-and-probably-waaaay-illegal-city-of-industr-567357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank Credit Card