- Report: #249130
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Credit One Bank - FNBM
Credit One Bank - FNBMcreditonebank.com Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
Credit One Bank - FNBM Not a deatbeat debtor still got screwed by Credit One Bank! Las Vegas Nevada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I am not a dead beat debtor. I have always payed by cash and recently purchased a home. I have 2 low balance credit cards through Orchard Bank and my debit card at my bank and that's really all I've ever needed.
On 04/19/07 I received a credit card in the mail from this company for a balance of $250 along with a bill for $20.00 and a late fee of $29.00. Apparently the account was started in March, but I never received a disclosure letter or a card prior to this date. I was confused. I called the company and spoke to the customer servivce rep (who was very nice) and she advised that the card had been sent and returned to them for an invalid address so they sent out another one to my PO Box.
She kindly waived the fee and advised me that she would adjust the statement billing period and activate the card that day. I thought this would be a good way to help my daughter learn how to manage a credit account. I have never been more wrong in my life.
Today is May 17, 2007; not 30 days from the time the card was activated and I received a collection call for a past due balance of $69.00!! WHAT!! How did I just activate the card on 04/19/07 and not 30 days later am I receiving a collection call and a bill that shows my account as being 10 days past due??? What the billing period is for every 19 days???? NO WAY!!!
This is what the customer service guy Darryl Lamb told me when I said I wanted to close my account and my attorney would contact the company regarding the charges, late fees, monthly fees and fiance charges that are marked as a "purchase"
Per Darryl Lamb, customer service rep at Credit One Bank:
1) All closed accounts will access a $3.00 per month "closed account maintanence fee" until the balance is paid in full! (That CANNOT be Legal); 2) Of course the account will continue to access a finance charge on any past due balance; 3) If the card has been used to make any payments on contracted accounts i.e. subscriptions, singles website subscriptions etc the account will still be charged even though it is closed and they will not deny the charge when it is received (FYI if you have ever made a one time payment to your cell phone etc. and your bill is due the company has the right to bill the same credit card without your immediate authorization, that is in your contract when you sign up for their bill pay/web bill or credit payment service); and the late fee/over the limit fee will still be applied even if it is the "closed maintanence fee charge" that causes your account to be over the limit!!!
Now I don't know about you, but if my account is closed you cannot legally charge the account!!! It should be declined because the card is not active correct???? So does someone want to still tell me how this business is working on the legit??
I'm glad I have an attorney for this one!!
(((ROR redacted link)))
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2007 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank-FNBM/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Credit-One-Bank-FNBM-Not-a-deatbeat-debtor-still-got-screwed-by-Credit-One-Bank-Las-Veg-249130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.