Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: linda — Midvale Utah United States of America
Credit One Bank
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Credit One Bank Said it used to be Bank of Merrin Just contacted me that back in 1990 I had an account with them and I didn't pay. I asked for info regarding this and she said I would have to call back in 3-5 business days to get it all she had was m Las Vegas, Nevada

Many years ago, I had my wallet stolen and of course my identify was used.  I have paid the price for years as I just didn't want to fight this battle as they have the same info on me that I do.  How do I prove it was not me? Anyway isn't there some kind of statue of limitations on debts that happen years ago or would I have to  just put up with the harrassment of their calls and the unkind way they speak to you.  They Credit one bank just called me and didn't even have enough infomation on me to give me information about this account. Why did they call? Did they think I would just pay off any amount they said just because they said I was responsible for this debt. I feel like it is a scam and I am very upset by this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/Credit-One-Bank-Said-it-used-to-be-Bank-of-Merrin-Just-contacted-me-that-back-in-1990-I-ha-949287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank