Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: Astrid — Houston Texas United States of America
Credit One Bank
P.O.Box 98873, Las Vegas, NV 89193 Internet United States of America

Credit One Bank When I signed up for an offer for a credit card online,I am positive I chose one from Capital One.When the card came,the logo looked like the Capital One logo but on close inspection it read Credit On, Internet

I do not use credit cards. In my desire to extablish a good credit history, I signed up for a free offer of a credit card, it was from Capital One. I received the offer through the mail and it directed me to submit my application online.  I am positive I clicked Capital One but when the card arrived, the logo  which looked like the Capital One logo read "Credit One bank."

As to how the switch happened, I really do not know. Being unfamiliar with banks, I  just brushed it aside and  thought that Capital One and Credit One Bank may the same. But it did take me sometime to activate my card because of this nagging discovery.

The card came with another letter containing my first statement and yes, I was billed for $75.00 (for membership/activation/annual fee, I really do not know -- because I thought, signing up for the card was free).

Anyway, I know that this is late in the day, so to speak, but I did some background research about the bank. Capital One is not Credit One Bank. And after reading almost all the rip off reports about Credit One Bank, I am now worried about myself and my account. I just want to build a good credit history, not to be taken advantage of, especially in these trying times.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/internet/Credit-One-Bank-When-I-signed-up-for-an-offer-for-a-credit-card-onlineI-am-positive-I-ch-978387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank