Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Updated: Tue, August 05, 2014

• Reported By: Ty. Jam — Houston Texas
Credit One Bank
Nationwide USA

Credit One Bank COMPLETE SCAM! I AM TRYING TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD AND THEY ARE GIVING THE RUN AROUND LAS VEGAS Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Credit One Bank Arbitration

I made my payment on the date due, they had it say that it was a pending.  So i knew that I had the money in my account so I never went back to check until I got a call on 8/5/2014 saying i did not make a payment.  So I try to call and talk to a representative, of course like a legitimate company if you press 0 you will be transfered to someone, but not in this case. You have to hold on the line until you reach someone.

So finally Kelly answered the first time and I told her that I made my payment on time and that the late fee needs to be waived because I was not paying a late fee for not being late on my account.  She said she was not the correct department and transfered me again.  So i did the same thing put my credit card number in and then waited.  I then talked to a Lisa and she told me she would have to get her supervisor to waive it.  Scott then answred and said if i provide my bank information to him that he would process the payment and then would waive the fee.  I told him that I already made the $25 payment online before i talked to anyone because I couldn't figure out how to get anyone on the phone.  I asked if he see's the pending transaction and he said yes, so i said ok well you can waive the fee because i just made a payment.  He said he would not be able to i would have to make arrangements ahead of time with them so he could waive it.  I said no because i am looking at my bank statement and i had money in my account the days before, the day of, and after for the credit card to withdrawl the funds for my payment and i am not paying a late fee.  He said he can not do anything unless i make a payment over the phone with him, i said i am not providing my bank information to him its on-line that is protected and safe and i want to cancel my credit card and I will pay the balance off when i get a chance.  So after going back and forth for 20 mintures he transfers me and i have to do the same thing of holding on the line.  When i finally talk to someone i get Kelly again.  I'm sorry i should not talk to Kelly everytime i go back and forth there is no way i am only talking to three people.

I have no idea how to cancel my credit card because everyone is not being helpful.  I am going to send a certified letter with a request to cancel and talk with my lawyer because I am not in the wrong and the company is doing fradulant activities hoping to get a uneducated individual to fall for the crap.  And I am definitely not that, just trying to rebuild my credit after going through some economic hardships and now I have to deal with this crap, its ok, I will have my lawyer look into everything and i suggest if there is enough of complaints there will be something done very soon.

So please please stay away, and avoid the headache.

Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/nationwide/Credit-One-Bank-COMPLETE-SCAM-I-AM-TRYING-TO-CANCEL-MY-CREDIT-CARD-AND-THEY-ARE-GIVING-T-1167625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Credit One Bank Arbitration

AUTHOR: Crappy One Bank - ()

The bank wants to resolve its disputes through Arbitration (says so in their contract).  If you Google Credit One Arbitration you will find a link to the Card Membar agreement with instructions on filing an arbitration.

Jams Arbitration is the best.  Credit One will make it next to impossible to close your account and will be bent on ruining your credit.