Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Iris — Central Florida Florida United States of America
Credit One Bank
Nationwide United States of America

Credit One Bank Reprehensible debt collection practices. The constant harassment has got to stop! Las Vegas, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Education for IRIS regarding the FTC and the FDCPA

*Author of original report: Hey children, don't assume you know anything.

*Consumer Comment: Hey pay your bills moron people don't need anymore grief from scum collectors like you causing more problems so back off

*Consumer Comment: Pay Your Debt

*Consumer Comment: The hamster wheel

*Consumer Comment: Even I was able to get a job...

*Consumer Comment: Charles, ONLY YOU finds it "impossible" to get a job

*Consumer Comment: Not true

*Consumer Comment: Why get a job?

*Consumer Comment: People like to throw In my face I have no job Its impossible to get a job with all the crap that Is happening In this country so It doesn't bother me

*Consumer Comment: Coast

*Consumer Comment: You enjoy laughing at me no the problem Is you can't stand It cause I come back at you and you'er mad you can dish It out but you can't take It don't start with people If you can't handle It

*Consumer Comment: Get some self respect Charles

*Consumer Comment: What ever I don't care what stacy or steve think or their False Accusations which they have no proof they are pathetic they will never learn they are just mad because they can't ruin my life

*Consumer Comment: Trash

*Consumer Comment: Well steve this site wasn't made to insult or abuse people but you think you have the right to say cruel things to me people think these days they can get away with everything

*Consumer Comment: Charles, the fact still remains...

*Consumer Comment: Typical of these jerks to put me down about my spelling they refuse to leave me alone they can say I am an embarassment all they feel like I am fed up being treated like this

*Consumer Comment: You'er funny steve you'er the typical bully who refuses to leave people alone you'er a heartless cruel human being and nothing you say gets to me I am not upset or angry

*General Comment: Charles

*Consumer Comment: Hey Charles, go ahead and sue me! Do it today!

*Consumer Comment: Hey jim It seem you need to do the growing up people will never learn

*Consumer Comment: Charles....

*Consumer Comment: Hey steve why don't you get a new hobby because nobody cares to hear about your false accusations you are a liar who accuses people who has no proof pig and why don't you leave people alone

*Consumer Comment: OK Charles

*Consumer Comment: Charles did not write those rebuttals...His MOMMY did.

*Consumer Comment: People know how bad the economy Is people out of work trying to make ends meet everyone falls behind on their bills It doesn't make then a deadbeat these people are just Mean Spirited

*Consumer Comment: Clueless

*Consumer Comment: Everybody tries to make things hard for me the best way they can so I say the hell with everybody but I will always remember all the mean things people have done to me when I didn't deserve It

*Consumer Comment: These people sure have some nerve to accuse me saying I cause everything they just like to to to toture me bring false accusations agasint me which they have no proof to keep me quiet from exposing

*Consumer Comment: Charles is a "professional victim".

*Consumer Comment: Charles, don't throw stones

*Consumer Comment: Jim Is a heartless p***k he does know about the bad economy and unemployment and people out of work which Is why alot of people can't pay their bills ontime Its not their fault quit being so hateful

*Consumer Comment: Several very simple solutions here!

*Consumer Comment: Don't mind Chuckles.

*Consumer Comment: Heres what to do

*Consumer Comment: OK Charles

*Consumer Comment: Turn the phe over, there's a switch that turns OFF the ringer

*Consumer Comment: Who Doesn't Have Collectors Calling?????

*Consumer Comment: Coast Is a business defender and should be ignored he trolls peoples complaint to cause them more grief he Is a jerk people should stay away from capital one they are a bunch of crooks trying to ruin

*Consumer Comment: They want their money

*Consumer Comment: Funny

*Consumer Comment: AND......WHAT'S THE RIPOFF!!!

Most people generally don't answer the phone for a number they don't know. After being called more times than I can count within the past month or so and 10 calls between 8 and 9 o'clock this morning, which woke me up by the way, I had finally had enough. The culprit: Credit One Bank.

I get harassed daily by credit card companies and debt collection agencies. In this economy, who doesn't? Now, like I said before this nonsense has been going on for about a month. I have been receiving multiple calls, seven days a week. I have received calls as early as 7:30 A.M and as late as 9:30 P.M. As the days have been going on, I've been receiving more and more calls from this particular number. Mind you, through the past month, through all the calls, I have never received a single voicemail, so naturally I would never answer a call from this company. This past Wednesday I received 25 calls within that single day. Thursday, they Only called me 7 times.

This morning, however I received calls at 8:04, 8:21, 8:27, 8:37, 8:48, 9:01, 9:15 and 9:32.

Kind of overkill, don't you think? And the only reason why I bothered to look is because these lovely, lovely people woke me up. Not the kind of wake up call I will ever accept with a happy face. The 8th call was the last straw for me this morning. I finally answered the phone.

The representative was unshockingly rude, informed me that they would indeed continue to call me, and hung up when I informed her that I was going to report her to the FTC, because they were clearly harassing me with their excessive calls.

I have had enough! I have had enough of these people calling me all day, every day. They wake me up just about every morning, they call me all weekend. It's ridiculous!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2011 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/nationwide/Credit-One-Bank-Reprehensible-debt-collection-practices-The-constant-harassment-has-got-726495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank

Education for IRIS regarding the FTC and the FDCPA

AUTHOR: Southern Chemical and Equipment LLC - (USA)

Lets be clear here that the calls did not stop because you filed an FTC complaint, as you stated.

The FTC does NOT do any individual enforcement, and know that your complaint is ONLY for "statistical" purposes and that data is compiled for POSSIBLE future use in class action lawsuits, AG use, etc.

THATS IT!

Rest assured, your FTC complaint DID NOTHING to stop the calls.

The FTC has absolutely no jurisdiction over your issue, as the FDCPA does not apply here.

The FTC administers the FDCPA which applies ONLY to "third party" debt collectors.

According to your post, the lender is doing the collections here so the FDCPA does not apply.

You really should educate yourself by actually reading the FDCPA.

There are several websites out there dedicated to collections issues, where you can get educated.

Hey children, don't assume you know anything.

AUTHOR: Iris - (United States of America)

not that there's any point in pointing this out to the nincompoops that think i'm just a deadbeat who doesn't like to pay her bills, but i'm just going to throw this out there.

1. up until recently and by recently i mean within the past year, all my bills were not only paid on time but were paid extra amounts and in advance of their due dates.

2. i bet you think all cancer patients/heart failure patients are deadbeats that choose not to pay their bills. who needs health so long as their bills are paid on time? medical expenses and staying alive arent important at all, i'm sure.

3. regardless of whether or not i'm a deadbeat, they were still breaking the law. i can assure you as soon as i reported them to the ftc the calls stopped. oweing these companies money does not give them license to harass me from dusk till dawn and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete tool. 4. because i know some fool has already brought it up, no i am not living off of welfare, and have never received government assistance, i dont believe in the welfare system. i am living off the good graces of my family until such a time as my health mends or i die, which ever comes first.

AUTHOR: Paul - (USA)

Hey pay your bills jerk, people are having enough problems trying to pay their bills.  They don't need anymore grief from punk a**holes collectors like you.  So get off peoples backs.

Pay Your Debt

AUTHOR: Cycomps - (United States of America)

What part of "pay your bills" don't you understand? As has been stated many times, those who pay the minimum payment on time don't get phone calls. All this crap about the economy being bad is not a reason to not pay your bills. Live within your means and don't spend money you don't have. GO GET A JOB. There are jobs out there. Get up off your butt and go look. You have no right to come on here and slam a company who provides a service.

The hamster wheel

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

thats what they want you on Charles.  But you're too smart for that!

Even I was able to get a job...

AUTHOR: chaosflamespirit - (USA)

... and I have Asperger's Syndrome!  I've held the job I'm at for over a year now.  There's no reason why you, Charles, cannot get a job.  Apply at McDonald's if you have to (I don't work for them, in case you're wondering).  Really, just try.

Charles, ONLY YOU finds it "impossible" to get a job

Charles,

Newsflash!

There are jobs available for anyone who really wants to work.

And for people who are ABLE to work, both mentally and physically.This leaves you out.

Has nothing at all to do with anything going on in this country or anywhere else.

You are unemployed because you are a mental case!

Your bi-polar mania keeps you from getting, or keeping a job.

Your long term welfare dependency keeps you from getting hired.

You have no work history.

You have no skills.

You have serious mental issues.

You have serious credit and collections issues.

Those are the reasons you remain unemployed.

YOU are the reason you are unemployed.

It's not anyone else's fault.

It's yours.

Man up and take responsibility for yourself.

Do something for yourself.

Get off welfare.

Get off Mommy's tit.

Be your own man, and quit whining, and blaming others for your failures.

Not true

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

It is difficult to get a high paying job, particularly if you have no skills.

However, there are tens of millions of people who have jobs and are getting them everyday.  So saying it's impossible to find a job is not correct. Are you trying to get some training, schooling, skills or something to help?  Will you take whatever job you find just to be making some money?  How hard are you trying?

I'm not saying it's easy, it's not, but to say it's impossible is not true.

Why get a job?

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Charles, when you can live off THESE guys?

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

People like to throw In my face I have no job Its impossible to get a job with all the crap that Is happening In this country so It doesn't bother me.  So you can say what you feel like about that.

Coast

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for the laugh!  Chuckles can't even spell my name right so guess what Charles?? Who said anything about getting rid of you!  Those of use who are intelligent enjoy you idiotic rants.  And yes as Coast stated even Gomer had a job like most of us (you are excluded)
You enjoy laughing at me,   no the problem Is you can't stand It cause I come back at you and you'er mad you can dish It out but you can't take It don't start with people If you can't handle.  I am no loser at all only you & stacy & steve are the real losers.

If you think laughing at me bothers me you're In for a rude awakening.  When you treat people like this who don't deserve It you will reap what you sow.  Don't start s**t with people If you can't handle what you dish out.  This proves that you're a "A**hole.

I really don't give a "F***" If people laugh at me.  Don't mess with me but people refuse to leave me alone,  I have the right to post here just like everyone else without being harassed.  People just like being "Cruel" to me but can't stand It when I come back to them,  they haven't learned by know.

That Is because y'all are to stupid to see that you are wrong that,  Is why you think I am a easy target.

This Is just plain "Bullying".  No person has no type of "CONTROL" over me!.  I am really laughing at you because y'all are so stupid even though you think your so smart.

Get some self respect Charles

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"Stacy or steve will never get rid of me"

Nobody wants to get rid of you Charles because we enjoy laughing at you too much. Even Gomer is smarter than you, and he has a job.
What ever I don't care what stacy or steve think or their False Accusations which they have no proof they are pathetic they will never learn they are just mad because they can't ruin my life.  They need to give It up.  Stacy & steve are the pathetic jerks.

They have to Learn! they just can't LIE about people.  But stacy Is a stubborn jack a*s who refuse to stop harassing people.  Stacy or steve will never get rid of me,  so they can accuse me of anything they like.

Trash

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

That is all you are Charles and so is your pathetic MOMMY.  You don't have a job, you live off of the taxpayers and yet your posts suggest you are the victim!! Please!! You and your mommy have ripped off more people in this country than one can count!! Go ahead sue me! I dare you! I will even give you my Atttorney's name! Grow up, get a job and get off ROR LOSER!
I don't care what you say about me & you'er the real idiot,.  I haven't done anything to you or anyone.  You're just a plain A**hole.  "Sticks & Stones May break My Bones.  But "WORDS" Will Never "HURT" Me.  What you say to me bounces of me & sticks to you.

You can call me anything you like but my life will never be "DESTROYED".  You sure can dish out crao but you can't take It.  I havent't given into you so you need to "Back Off".  A**hole.  I go on about my day & I don't give you the time or day.

Charles, the fact still remains...

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

That you are an idiot.Nothing will ever change that. You are a welfare minded loser dependent on his Mommy.These are well known facts. I don't "bully" anyone. I just tell it like it is.

If the truth hurts, CHANGE IT!

Typical of these jerks to put me down about my spelling they refuse to leave me alone they can say I am an embarassment all they feel like I am fed up being treated like this.  Its amazing how these jerks get away with "Abusing" people on this website.

These A**holes will never "DESTROY" my life or "RUIN" me so they,  need to get the hell over It.  These people are nothing but "Cowards".  I am just sick of being treated like I am nothing.  These people who insult me think they are financial secure & they think they are invisable that nothing bad will happen to them.

So they abuse their power like how people have,  always tried to abuse me.  When somebody stands up to them they can't take It.
Steve you are the one who Is always causing trouble for people you I have never done nothing to you or anyone else you think I am a weaker person so that Is who you target to harass.  You'er nothing but a "Coward".

I really don't care what you say anymore,  you "Harass" people to the point to make them afraid not to post their complaint. On this site well I don't work that way,  I don't take crap from jerks like you.  And you can't stand It.

#20 General Comment

Charles

AUTHOR: chaosflamespirit - (USA)

Learn how to type correctly.  You're an embarrassment.

Hey Charles, go ahead and sue me! Do it today!

Charles,

Why don't you sue me?

Go ahead.

It is you who is the punk, guaranteed.

I have an idea!

Lets meet face to face and then you call me a punk.

Lets just do that.

Hey jim It seem you need to do the growing up people will never learn

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

Hey jim It seem you need to do the growing up people will never learn.  You're the one who Is action like the little boy.  It seems you can dish It out put can't take It.  People need to learn that they need to handle what they dish out to people.

Charles....

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Charles.....GROW UP little boy!
Hey steve why don't you get a new hobby because nobody cares to hear about your false accusations you are a liar who accuses people who has no proof pig and why don't you leave people alone.

It seems you can be "Mean" to people but you can't dish out,  what you put out.  Just to let you know you don't "Scare" me I don't let you control my mind or day you are a cruel person that Is what you are.

I just go on about my day & I don't give you the time or day.  So go ahead "Slander" me all you feel like I know Its not "TRUE".  But I will never leave.  But you have no right to just post anything you feel like about people.

I hope somebody finds who you are & sues you for.  "Defamation Of Character".   Sense you seem to think you can "Slander" people on ripoff report.  And don't be held accountable for It.  Punk.

OK Charles

OK Charles,

You pay the outstanding bills for Iris (the OP) and let her pay you back when she has the money. If she doesn't pay you back within the terms of the agreement, you must be willing not to complain and not to call her to request payment.

Keep in mind that she has at least two delinquent credit card accounts and at least two other credit accounts that are in default. Let us know how that works out.

Charles did not write those rebuttals...His MOMMY did.

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

I can tell by the writing style that Charles did not write the above rebuttals.

Those were written by his deadbeat MOMMY.
People know how bad the economy Is people out of work trying to make ends meet everyone falls behind on their bills It doesn't make then a deadbeat these people are just Mean Spirited.  They don't have the right to call people "DeadBeats".  They do not know their personal situation.

I just get sick of these people putting people down.  Have you idiots ever think that the situation isn't their fault bad things happen to good people.  You're just a "A**hole.  For how you jerks judge people you will reap what you sow for being mean to people.

Clueless

AUTHOR: Ken - (United States of America)

This deadbeat is a clueless ripoff perpetrator himself.

What make him think Credit One Bank, or anyone else, owes him free money?

Here's a hint....don't incur bills you can't or won't pay....you'll get WAY less phone calls.   :)
Everybody tries to make things hard for me the best way they can so I say the hell with everybody but I will always remember all the mean things people have done to me when I didn't deserve It.  And intentional cause me problems for no reason.
These people sure have some nerve to accuse me saying I cause everything they just like to to to toture me bring false accusations agasint me which they have no proof  to keep me quiet from exposing bad business & how wrong I have been treated.

But hey people don't want to people me because,  of stupid commentators like "Steve".  That Is ok.  This Is why the real bad business & creditors get away with what they do,  because of jerks like steve & the rest of the people who say "Fasle" things about me.

I have 5 words to tell these assholes.  I will never give In so you can accuse me of,  everything In the book.  Nobody has to take crap or verbal abuse,  from jerks like steve.

Charles is a "professional victim".

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

Charles continuously puts himself in bad situations so he can play the "victim" card. Charles talks about the "bad economy" and "hard times", but has never actually held a job. Charles is a welfare dependent loser, sucking on Mommy's tit still as a grown man.Charles and his Mommy enter into agreements they cannot meet, and then scream "rip off".

Charles, Get off welfare. Double up on your meds.

Get a grip on reality, and GET A JOB!

Pay your bills.

Get off Mommy's tit, as I'm sure they reach her knees by now.

Charles, don't throw stones

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

The OP said, "I get harassed daily by credit card companies and debt collection agencies."

Companies and agencies are both plural. This indicates that the OP is receiving daily collection calls regarding at least two delinquent credit card accounts and at least two other credit accounts that are in default.

I elected to side with the four lenders that loaned the OP money, or financed goods or services in good faith with the expectation of being repaid.

You elected to side with the OP that borrowed money, or accepted financing for goods or services and then failed to repay the four lenders.

Charles, I dont understand why you throw stones and call other people names when you disagree with their opinions. I disagree with your opinion but certainly respect it and have chosen not to throw stones or call you names.
Jim Is a heartless p***k he does know about the bad economy and unemployment and people out of work which Is why alot of people can't pay their bills ontime Its not their fault quit being so hateful.

Jim Is the scum of the earth to talk to people like that,  hes got no right to talk to people like that.  I just get so tired of people like jim on this site who speak hateful to people.  Everyone Is experincing hardtimes & jerks like this make things worse.

Jim can piss off.

Several very simple solutions here!

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

The first thing you need to clarify is if these calls are actually being made by Credit One Bank, or by a third party debt collector. This is VERY important as it determines what your legal options are.

If it is actually the original creditor calling, you are NOT protected by the FTC rules such as the FDCPA.Your only options would be to bring the account current, change your phone# to an unlisted one, or do as previously suggested and just turn off the ringer while you are sleeping.

If it is a "third party" debt collector making these calls, you can actually get paid!Keep a log of the calls, date and time, and record ehat is on the caller id.

You can do the FTC complaints, but that info will just be kept for statistical purposes as the FTC does not represent any individual consumer. You must take this to court yourself.

You need to send them a CEASE COMMUNICATIONS request.This MUST be sent via CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECIEPT REQUESTED,Be sure to put the certified# in the body of the letter, and keep a copy of the completed letter for your records.

Now, if they contact you after the date of reciept, they have violated the law.You can get up to $1000 in statutory damages, PLUS actual costs/damages.Or, you can make about 100 copies of your CEASE COMMUNICATIONS letter and saturate every fax# they have. Do this right after they close the office for the day, so you will run out the paper and toner, essentially shutting them down.

Don't mind Chuckles.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

In his special Chuckyworld, he has determined that this report is about Capital One.  'Nuff said.

Heres what to do

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Next time they call, answer, tell them you gotta go find your checkbook, ask for their toll free number so you can call them back and pay up.  Make sure you get a toll free number because your phone has restrictions on it.

Now, turn off the ringer like Jim said, and get some zzz's.  Sleep like a baby for a few hours dreaming of how good your ripoffrevenge is gonna be.

Now when your awake and feeling spunky, Give them a call, make up a name and social security number and tell them you want to pay off that several thousand dollar debt they been calling you about.  Hint- talk really slow and sound mentally challenged so that you can keep them on the phone longer and you will sound more like a sucker and believable.

The goal here is to WASTE THEIR TIME, all this time that youre taking up is costing them money, and taking away time they could be harassing other good folk.

Do this as often as possible and whenever you want a good laugh.  When the thieves see their huge phone bill and your number attached, they will want nothing more to do with you.

Note- Some people have actually been known to use a computer program or "dialer" to constantly dial and "lock up" these losers phone lines.  Also, you can call from public phones and get "real nasty" with these creeps!

As far as seeing some peace, just leave the ringer off, change your number, or get a FREE NEW NUMBER from gmail google voice!

Oh ya, paying bills is for sissies!

OK Charles

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

The OP said "I get harassed daily by credit card companies and debt collection agencies."

So the lenders are at fault when the borrower doesn't repay, right Charles? Or maybe it's just a coincidence that multiple credit agencies are calling this guy daily. Maybe it's a conspiracy? Maybe your phone is ringing off the wall too.

Turn the phe over, there's a switch that turns OFF the ringer

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Turn it on when you want to make a call, and leave it off otherwise.

NO RING.

Who Doesn't Have Collectors Calling?????

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Simple answer Bozo, those of us who pay our bills on time!

Get up off your fat a*s and get a second job or part time job and pay your bills.

You SORRY, sub-prime welfare types make us want to vomit!!!
Coast Is a business defender and should be ignored he trolls peoples complaint to cause them more grief he Is a jerk.  People should stay away from capital one,   they are a bunch of crooks trying to ruin people.

They want their money

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Credit One Bank should file a rip off report against you.

Funny

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

You haven't said that you do not owe the debt. Your only complaint is about the time they call you.

You also said "I get harassed daily by credit card companies and debt collection agencies. In this economy, who doesn't?"

People who live within their means and make at least the minimum payments, do not have the debt turned over to a collection agencies or get those calls.

AND......WHAT'S THE RIPOFF!!!

AUTHOR: Will - (U.S.A.)

You should file a ripoff report on yourself for not paying the people YOU owe money to!