Complaint Review: Credit One

• Reported By: S T — Columbia South Carolina United States of America
Credit One

Credit One The bill collectors, what country are we dealing with? Internet

*Consumer Comment: Smokescreen

I have a Credit One secured credit card.  The problem I have with this company is the account collectors.  I was a few days late with a payment, I'll admit that.  When this guy named Jonathon something called,  #1: could not understand one word.  His broken English was still broken and needs to be fixed when dealing with English speaking customers.#2 He wanted me to 'give' him my bank debit card number over the phone and he would drop the late charge. #3 When I refused to give this person my bank debit card to make the payment, he had the nerve to become irrate and started screaming at me.  I told him I was not comfortable with giving a STRANGER  access to my bank account.  Then I googled the phone number from where he was calling from and it was Newark, New Jersey and the words suspicious appeared. Finally I just hung up on him and he called right back "showing me that he was still calling from the same number so I should trust him. Yeah right.  I called customer service to find out if this person is running a scam and some how got customers info and if it is a scam to report it.  Customer service rep. answered the phone and I couldn't understand her.  I live in a community where we have have people from every cornor of the world so I know the accent this Jonathan had. India.  Anyway I will not deal with this company anymore I paid my bill and now I am cutting up my card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 03:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One/internet/Credit-One-The-bill-collectors-what-country-are-we-dealing-with-Internet-845141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One

Smokescreen

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You admit you were past due. You already know when that happens collectors call. Looks like you're just coming up with excuses to avoid paying your bill.