Complaint Review: Credit Protection Association LP

• Submitted: Sat, November 18, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 08, 2014

• Reported By:Clinton Iowa
Credit Protection Association LP
13355 Noel Rd. Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Credit Protection Association LP Wrong fully Turned Into 3 Major Credit Bureaus Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: same situation

*Consumer Suggestion: Small Claims Court

I worked in New Orleans Louisiana for about a year and had cable with Cox Communications. I payed my bill in full when I recieved the final statement and one week later I recieved a letter from Credit Protection stating that Coc had turned my account over to them. I contacted Cox to see if they could explain this and they stated that they had never turned it in and that they would take care of the issue. Two months later I recieved another letter from Credit Association stating that they were going to turn this in to the credit bureaus if I didn't pay the bill. I contacted them again and gave them the reference number that Cox had given me and told them once again that Cox said they had not turned this account over to them and so I asked them how they recieved it and there response was we can't give you that information and that they would not contact Cox, Cox would have to contact them. Now here it is three months later and they turned me into all 3 of the major bureaus so I contacted Cox again and they filed another report and said it would take up to ten days to get it straightened out. Isn't this illegal to ruin a persons credit when they have done nothing wrong? I believe that this would fall under the catagory of defermation of character does'nt it. I would apprectiate any help in trying to resolve this issue. It's a shame when someone goes to a place and volenteers to help in a major catastrafee and then has to deal with something like this. Thank You for your time.

Robert
Clinton, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2006 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Protection-Association-LP/Dallas-Texas-75240/Credit-Protection-Association-LP-Wrong-fully-Turned-Into-3-Major-Credit-Bureaus-Dallas-Tex-221205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Protection Association LP

same situation

AUTHOR: steve11b - ()

i had the same problem with american warrior network cable on post in fort polk LA, all you have to do is dispute them on ur reports and they will be immediatly taken off. they were removed by the next reporting date on all three of my reports and havent come back, they were removed in november of 2013

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Small Claims Court

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

The poor man's lawsuit: Small Claims Court.
Go to your county clerk's office and ask for a small claims form. Fill it out, pay the filing fee and wait. The clerk will help you fill it out of you have trouble or questions. It's really easy. What you have done is force the cable company to answer in front of a judge why your account has been turned over to collections even though you paid it. When they stand there with egg on their faces you will win and get a judgment. There is no appeal and lawyers are not allowed to court. Once you win give them some time to pay and if they won't or don't, place a property lein against their assets. They won't be able to open for business untill the judgment is paid. I've done it and it works. Pretty quickly too. Then go after the credit bureaus for defamation. Cheers!