Complaint Review: Credit Protection Association

• Submitted: Thu, May 08, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 13, 2008

• Reported By:colorado springs Colorado
Credit Protection Association
13355 Noel Rd. Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Credit Protection Association - Blockbuster & Credit Protection Association Dallas Texas

*UPDATE Employee: cpa payment

Credit Protection Association, L.P. 800 Hingham Street, Rockland, MA 1-(800)800-6499

I got a letter in the mail in referance to my blockbuster late fees, saying they were trying to protect our credit buy paying them, that no collection or damage to our credit will be made. After I payed threw there onlne web site, and saw that my back had sent the money, I waited a couple a weeks before trying to rent from blockbuster ensureing that the payment went threw. Blockbuster told me that my balance had not changed, so I left home to call Credit Protection Association L.P., the number in the letter is (800) 418-8144.

When you call you have only 2 options pay by credit or check, if you enter the wrong referance number than you get the hidden option to call (800) 255-6775 In which no one will answer, it will ring non stop untill it tells you your party can not be reached at this time thank you. I had to search threw BBB to get the actual buisness information, in which they have had 6 complaints in the last year and no positive remarks ever.

I called the company and gave them my referance number, they said it was paid in full but that it will take at least a month for blockbuster to recieve it. After searching online I found Unlimited amount of blogs of complaints from people haveing isues with Credit Protection Association L.P., that no one is ever able to contact them, and they felt like they were scamed, I'm still waiting for my balance to clear.

My advise would be to pay blockbuster directly, and not worry about a collection agency that doesnt have there shit strait.

Michelle1983
colorado springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2008 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Protection-Association/Dallas-Texas-75240/Credit-Protection-Association-Blockbuster-Credit-Protection-Association-Dallas-Texas-331421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Protection Association

cpa payment

AUTHOR: Chuck - (U.S.A.)

always pay the store where the bill originated. never deal with blockbusters
collection agency. after the bill is paid, the company is notified at the close of
business and its credited. the process is so much faster. plus the bills that cpa
send out are mailed bulk rate and can take up to a month to be delivered.