Complaint Review: Credit Report .com

• Submitted: Sat, April 30, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, May 02, 2011

• Reported By: Doug — Stevens Point Wisconsin U.S.A.
Credit Report .com

Credit Report .com FREE Credit report,get all three scores free it will only cost you $29.95,what a deal!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Free?

*Consumer Comment: Why pay for your credit reports?

I was on the internet "my home page" and a pop up came up and said you can get your credit report and all three scores FREE just fill out the information. Well I almost did'nt but I did and guess what? Free cost me $29.95 plus $19.95 because I thought it was free and did'nt bother to look at my bank statement. They charged me the sighnup fee and them because I did'nt cancel in 7 days on the morning of the 8tyh day they got me for another monthly membership[ fee. I called them and the first guy I talked to pretty mich in so many words said tough luck and was very rude. I went to rip-off report and saw where there were all kinds of reports filled for the same thing.  So I called back and got a young lady who said she would take care of it as soon as she pulled up my account. When I gave her the information she had 2 accounts, she looked further and there was an account still there from 2005 believe it or not, I guess they were going to activate that one day who knows. After all the wait she came back and I told her about all the complaints and that she could go there and look if she wanted to,but anyway when all this was over she said she could'nt do anything as far as a refund either,WHAT A NICE COMPANY,Should call it Credit report dot rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2011 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Report-com/internet/Credit-Report-com-FREE-Credit-reportget-all-three-scores-free-it-will-only-cost-you-29-723978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Report .com

Free?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

If someone offers something free but wants credit a card, you can be certain that it is indeed not free.  Just close the site and move on.

Why pay for your credit reports?

AUTHOR: jeremy - (United Kingdom)

I don't know if it's the same elsewhere, but in the UK you can get your credit reports free from each of the credit reference agencies directly.  You do have to sign-up for a free trial, but you get 30 days to cancel.  Each agency reports slightly different data so it's worth ordering all three.  www.whichcreditreport.co.uk has a great comparison and links to each of the credit reference agencies to get your free reports.