Complaint Review: Credit the Edit

• Updated: Mon, January 13, 2014

• Reported By: Frustrated Freelancer — Minneapolis Minnesota
Credit the Edit
925 Lakeland Street, Suite 201 Petaluma, California USA

Credit the Edit - Ralph Scott, AKA Ralph Penza, AKA Edward It Been waiting seven months for full payment for work done over a year ago. Petaluma California

I worked as a subcontractor freelance editor for this company for 3.5 years. Payment was always slow and frequently I had to resubmit invoices for work completed several months before.

I submitted an invoice at the end of June, 2013, for fees amounting to over $3000 for work completed but not paid during the previous seven months but they remitted a check for only $2000. I expected to receive the remainder shortly after but I'm still waiting. They claim they do not owe me any more compensation because I informed them I would be unable to complete a project after the invoice was submitted so they had to use the remaining money owed me to pay another editor.

The money owed me was for work completed, not for work another editor had to pick up. I was asking only for money for work completed during the previous seven months.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2014 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-the-Edit/Petaluma-California-94952/Credit-the-Edit-Ralph-Scott-AKA-Ralph-Penza-AKA-Edward-It-Been-waiting-seven-months-f-1115259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit the Edit