Complaint Review: CreditReport.com

• Submitted: Mon, August 03, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 03, 2009

• Reported By:nesconset New York
CreditReport.com
PO BOX 1829 Agoura Hills, California U.S.A.

CreditReport.com It's a cheating business and set people up. Agoura Hills California

*Consumer Suggestion: So...

Today I received my credit card bill which shows Creditreport.com charged me $14.95 from June 15 to July 14. I called CreditReport.com to inquire why they charge me this $14.95. A lady said because I signed up for their Credit Monitoring plan on June 15, 2009 and this is the monthly service fee. I said I never signed up such a plan, but I did use on-line FREE credit report service. I asked if she can print my signature on website and scan it and email to me. She said she can't do that and transferred my phone call to management Dept. A man said the same that he can't do that for me. I argued that now we have dispute over this charge , you need to provide evidence for my application of this service. He said if I have dispute over this charge, I need to talk to my credit card company.

Then I call my credit card company, my credit card company said: I was set up but they can't do anything to help me and suggest me to cancel this plan right away. . By this time I know Creditreport.com has another charge from July 15 to Aug.14. So I called Creditreport.com again for cancellatoin and want them to stop service today and give me refund from Aug.4 to Aug.14. A representative cancel this plan for me but she said she can't give me refund and transferred my call to Management Dept. again. This time another person said they can't give me refune. If I request refund, They want me to fax them my identity of application of the plan.

This is real rediculous. They set me up and can't provide me evidence for application of that plan, now they want me to give them the identity of application. Although the refund is a small amount of money, but we can't tolerate their cheating. This time I was set up, I hope people can know their cheating business and don't be trapped by them anymore.

Andycao
nesconset, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CreditReportcom/Agoura-Hills-California-91376-1829/CreditReportcom-Its-a-cheating-business-and-set-people-up-Agoura-Hills-California-476115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CreditReport.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Are you blind? I wnet to the web sight. They have it right on the main page, not even hidden in terms of service. You can't miss it. READ next time. There no such thing as "free".

Offer Details
By ordering your free credit report and free credit score, you will automatically be enrolled in a 7-day free trial of 3 bureau credit monitoring and credit score tracking. You will receive automatic email alerts whenever there is a significant change to your credit reports or when there is an important shift to your credit score. For each month that you continue your membership, your credit card will be billed $14.95. You may cancel at any time. There is no obligation.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

So...

AUTHOR: Sylver8248 - (U.S.A.)

I guess you missed the HUGE BLUE BLURB OF TEXT ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE WEBSITE?

Offer Details

And then......you proceed to fill in your information, and on the next page it asks for a credit card (red flag perhaps?) and in another HUGE BLURB OF TEXT on the right hand side of the screen it says this:

Shopping Cart

5. Unlimited, Online Access to your
Credit Report/Score (60 days)$0.00

Total:$0.00

Did you know...
By ordering a free credit report, you will automatically be enrolled in a 7 day free trial of 3 bureau credit monitoring. You will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership. You will receive automatic email alerts whenever there is a significant change to any of your credit reports or when there is an important change to your credit score if you do not cancel your membership within the trial period. You may cancel anytime there is no obligation.

How could it BE any more clear?