Complaint Review: CreditReport.com

• Submitted: Tue, October 05, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, October 05, 2010

• Reported By: Clay — Pollocksville North Carolina U.S.A.
CreditReport.com
P.O. Box 1829 Agoura Hills, CA 91376-1829 Pollocksville, North Carolina United States of America

CreditReport.com MNI*creditreport.com ...Now it's a 7 Day Trial, $14.95 will be charged unless you call them to cancel your account. Pollocksville, North Carolina

Nowhere on this site could I find mention of a 7 day trial period. Most "monthly" services give "30 days" (is this a legal standard?). I guess the law must have changed...or somebody is bending it a bit.
Upon calling their phone number, I got a very nice young lady who apologized about the charge, but offered no refund and claimed my 7 day trial had expired. There was no mention of a "7 day trial" ANYWHERE on the site, not even in the terms and conditions disclaimer...unless I missed it.
After asking again to remove the charge from my checking account, I was offered a $5 discount on my first month of service. (gee, thanks) I again asked for a full refund. When she refused (and continued her sales tactics), I quickly told her I was calling my bank right now and thanked her for her time.
I called my bank (BB&T is a great bank, BTW) and she said she'd look into it and I may have to come to the bank to file a claim.
The next morning, my online account showed the charge was removed. Whether it was BB&T or CreditReport.com that removed it, I don't know (or care). Just the speed at which the charge was removed is proof that this company has no leg to stand on. (they know they're scammers)
This company is another one of those that try to "fly under your radar", then try to dupe you into believing you can't refute the charge.
You must learn to fight these people. They are crooks.

If you use this "service", call them immediately and cancel your "account".
Otherwise, I'd avoid this service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2010 04:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CreditReportcom/Pollocksville-North-Carolina-28573/CreditReportcom-MNIcreditreportcom-Now-its-a-7-Day-Trial-1495-will-be-charged-un-647663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CreditReport.com