Complaint Review: Creditreport.com

• Updated: Sat, January 10, 2009

• Reported By:Groveport Ohio
Creditreport.com
www.creditreport.com Internet U.S.A.

Creditreport.com, Equifax, Etc. creditreport.com releases social security numbers and other privileged information. Columbus, Ohio Internet

*Author of original report: Report Fruad www.fbi.gov/whitecollarcrime

*Consumer Suggestion: Jentingh1 did not mis-hear, I saw it also. . .

*Consumer Comment: What?

*Consumer Comment: You went to the wrong site

A morning newscast had a financial expert on that gave creditreport.com's web site to access for a free credit report. as I was interested in receiving an updated credit report I went to my pc and plugged in creditreport.com which provided fields to complete in order to receive the purportedly free credit report. After entering all the information the credit card information field appeared, as all my credit cards have been canceled, the web site would not allow me to continue. as I went to log off, a pop-up appeared and informed me that I could continue without a credit card. New fields appeared which I duly completed, then a security question appeared requesting that I select an address for a street that I lived on previously, so I clicked and then four streets were given that were totally unknown to me. I then relized that creditreport.com was not on the up and up.

Out of curiousity I then Googled the four streets provided in the security question only to learn that no such streets even existed in my city. Every time I attemted to log off creditreport.com prompts appeared requesting more information with the promise that once completed I would then be provided my "free credit report." Eventually I untangled my pc from this misadventure that I would never had gotten involved with had I not gotten the website from a purportedly reputable news network.

The following morning when I logged on to my email account I had 37 emails in my inbox and only 3 in my junk box. As I went through the emails I relaized that these companies that were soliciting me could have only gotten the information they had about me from the creditreport.com web site.

The information that you enter into creditreport.com under the belief that this is privileged information induced by a promise of security is then handed out to whoever.

The information that I submitted was obtained by fraud. The federal law strictly prohibits this form of wire fraud. Google "white collar crime" and log onto the F.B.I. online reporting center.

www.fbi.gov/whitecollarcrime Please report any and all fraudulent transactions resulting to the deceptions of creditreport.com.

duped by the networks in Columbus, Ohio

Jentingh1
Groveport, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2009 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Creditreportcom/internet/Creditreportcom-Equifax-Etc-creditreportcom-releases-social-security-numbers-and-othe-410058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Creditreport.com

Report Fruad www.fbi.gov/whitecollarcrime

AUTHOR: Jentingh1 - (U.S.A.)

A man of experience need not argue with conjecture or opinion. Report the facts to the proper authorities. Let the professionals decide if a crime has been committed. www.fbi.gov/whitecollarcrime

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Jentingh1 did not mis-hear, I saw it also. . .

AUTHOR: Pardel - (U.S.A.)

I also went to this web site and had the exact same experience. I did not give them my credit card number I clicked off and received a pop-up. I did select the correct anwser from their questions and was told I would be mailed the report, of course I never received it.
I believe they use this site to, both, bombard you with e-mails and to update your information (address, phone, employment, ect) for their records. It is absolutely a scam.

What?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"..A morning newscast had a financial expert on that gave creditreport.com's web site to access for a free credit report.."

You either misheard them or the "financial expert" was not one.

The only TRUE free credit report is annualcreditreport.com. Since you to dropped off the "annual", I am hoping that you just misheard them.

As for the security question, the 4 Streets that show up are totally random street names. It is a security question to as you would know which one was real or not. Another common one is for Mortgages, it gets people really upset that they think their identity has been stolen because they never had a mortgage. Yet they failed to see the option that says "None of the Above", which if they selected it would have passed the Security Question.

You went to the wrong site

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

www.annualcreditreport.com is the only place to get your FREE credit report once every 12 months.

The paid sites do provide this correct website in their disclosures on their sites.

Most people choose not to read it.