Complaint Review: Crescent Bank And Trust

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Copperas Cove Texas
Crescent Bank And Trust
1100 Poydras Street Suite 100 New Orleans, Louisiana U.S.A.

Crescent Bank And Trust Extended Loan without Permission!!! New Orleans Louisiana

I have had a loan with Crescent Bank and Trust since Nov. 2007. I was late maybe 2 times and they harassed me everyday telling me they were going to repo my vehicle. And they were very nasty and would call my family members and give out private information.

Then in June 2008 when my husband joined the Army, we asked them to lower our interest rate from 18.5% to 6% in accordance with the Serviceman's Civil Relief Act. First they said no they didn't have to do it. Then I had to fax them literature showing them that indeed they did have to honor it. This went on for 6 month so when they finally decided to do it they should have prorated it back 6 months.

Finally today I get a new payment book in the mail. But to my dismay, my payments were lowered $70.89 per month (not a big difference) and it said I didn't owe another payment until April of 2009 because they prorated it back 6 months because I was paying the full payments when I should not have been. But my loan was extended by 5 months without my permission or even notifying me. And my new payment book started at payment # 13. When by April 2009 in fact I will have paid 18 payments.

I have read so many other reports about this bank ripping people off and now it has happened to me. When I called them they said well that is just how things work here. I said I didn't refinance and my loan should not have been extended. Even with a refinance you can only extend the loan for 90 days not 5 months. And as far as the payments I have proof of every one I paid. And my payoff amount only went down less than $1,000. Come on!!! These people won't listen to a word I say. Please HELP! This place should be put out of business.

Valerie M.
Copperas Cove, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crescent-Bank-And-Trust/New-Orleans-Louisiana-70163/Crescent-Bank-And-Trust-Extended-Loan-without-Permission-New-Orleans-Louisiana-409795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crescent Bank And Trust