Complaint Review: Crescent Bank and Trust

Crescent Bank and Trust
P.O.Box 60048 New Orleans, Louisiana United States of America

Crescent Bank and Trust Total Scam New Orleans , Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: Response to Robert from Buffalo

*Consumer Comment: Ya gotta wonder if...

*Consumer Comment: Liar..Liar

*Consumer Comment: Ah, Now The TRUTH Comes Out

*Consumer Comment: You do realize that the repo was still legal.

*Author of original report: the truth is

*Consumer Comment: OK

*Consumer Comment: So What's The Real Story?

On 04/10/12 I came home to a Repo guy at my door stating that I was in default with tis Company and to give them a call to figure out why. So on 04/11/2012 I called the Bank and they told me that I was 34 days over due when in reality I wasn't and that I owed 599.54 so I said ok well I will pay that and can I have mu car back. The Rep put me on hold and then came back to the line and told me that the total I had to pay for my car was 954.00. I asked why and she said it was for Repo Fee's but then she put me on hold again and stated when she came back to the line that I owed 1035.54 and I said "why does the price keep going up and she said this are additional fees for storage. So I went and paid the amount and called them back letting them know and she ok your account is updated you may now call for your car to be returned. I called the Repo guy and he said that they sent a letter of intent to sell and there not releasing my car. I am so lost with this because I have made all my payments and have proof of it . I even have made overpayments and only owe 9,000.00 ...They are a scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crescent-Bank-and-Trust/New-Orleans-Louisiana-/Crescent-Bank-and-Trust-Total-Scam-New-Orleans-Louisiana-867188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crescent Bank and Trust

Response to Robert from Buffalo

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

I gotta wonder if this guy has a relative that lives in a gated community in Montclair California.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person.

I'm sure she'll give you some pointers on how to get your car back!

Didn't read?  This guy got his car back, and he only had to pay $1035.54.  Oh, wait that's from the original post.  He then, in a later post, states that he didn't have to pay storage fees or anything else and the repo guy, who did nothing wrong this time, was even nice enough to bring the car back.

On a side note, did you notice how as soon as Sharon got exposed as a liar she stopped responding?  Then, this report suddenly appears.  Must just be a coincidence and my paranoid mind.

Of course, my favorite statement from this is OP is when he brings up the fact that he only owes $9000 on the car and seems to believe that fact should have any bearing on the complaint at all.

Should we take bets on what this guys next post will say?  I call dibs on "you all must be old repo men."

Ya gotta wonder if...

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Do you know anyone by the name of Sharon Stevens?  I'm sure she'll give you some pointers on how to get your car back!  http://www.ripoffreport.com/car-financing/chase-auto-finance/chase-auto-finance-violated-l-20696.htm

Liar..Liar

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Well you were right about that..you were only 2 weeks late.

- That's interesting so how come in your original report you stated that you paid them all of the money?  Did the repo guy who refused to give you your car in your original report all of the sudden have a turn of heart and when he returned the car to you give you a wad of cash as well?

Yea I think it may be time for you to buy some asbestos underwear.

Ah, Now The TRUTH Comes Out

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

"I made all my payments" is a different statement from "I was 12 days late"! Now the truth comes out. You were late. I guess the next response will be how all of us who disagreed with this OP work for Crescent or how about this...we all work for "Crescent" which just has to be an Arabic company and all of us who obviously work for them are terrorists.

You do realize that the repo was still legal.

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

You do realize that legally speaking a repossession can happen if you are 1 minute late?  So, how much of the $1000 did you get back and how much went towards your loan?  You probably ended up giving them a pretty BIG tip and that's why he brought the car back to you.

Not everyone lies.

Nope, they just don't disclose all the facts.  When you omit important parts of the story, you are going to get questions.  If you don't want others to respond in the way they have here, I suggest that, in the future, you either give all the pertinent details, or you find a site that doesn't allow others to respond.

only owe 9,000.00

Wow!  That's more than I'm paying for my car, including interest and other finance charges.

the truth is

AUTHOR: jessb - (United States of America)

I love when people jump into full mode assumption. Glad to say that they were wrong and I was right. After some research and 3 supervisors. They gave me my car back because I was only 2 weeks late on my payment . I didnt have to pay storage fees or anything and the repo guy actually brought my car back and stated that not many people say the truth and he was happy that I was one in a few people who said the truth to him. Not everyone lies. I wasnt brought up that way so take your assumptions to another person who cares.

OK

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"they told me that I was 34 days over due when in reality I wasn't"

OK, you weren't 34 days late. How many days were you past due?

So What's The Real Story?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

So here's your "story"...you were not behind on any payments but the repo guy shows up anyway. You call them and even though you are not behind, you agree to pay them out of the goodness of your heart. If you were NOT behind as you claim, why would you not object, not question and not dispute their figures? You then say the price kept going up which you did not question or dispute either. So then, what's the REAL story here?