refrigerator

• Updated: Mon, June 24, 2013

• Reported By: Tony — Egg Harbor Township New Jersey
Crescent Tire & Auto
325 S White Horse Pike Hammonton, New Jersey USA

Crescent Tire & Auto Replaced fuel pump 96 Jeep. Failed after one year replaced again failed six months later. Hammonton New Jersey

*Author of original report: Extort, criminal??

*General Comment: Filter..

In December of 2012 I brought my 96 Jeep Cherokee to this repair shop in Hammonton. They replaced the fuel pump that had oney lasted a little over a year along with a few other parts up the line from there to the tune of around $800. I started having issue with the Jeep getting fuel so I called and asked what kind of warranty I had. Jim the owner I think said we always take care of our customers and wouldnt give me a time frame. Anyway a little over a year later the Jeep wont start so I have a friend look at it and he diagnosis a bad fuel pump. I call Crescent and they tow it in and replace it. About six months later the Jeep will not start again.

At this point I have relocated to EHT NJ about 40 minutes from Crescent and I suspect it is yet another fuel pump so I take it locally to a trusted mechanic. He dignosis clogged fuel filter causing pump to fail yet again. Rather than have Crescent fix it AGAIn I opt to call them and they agree to replace it once more. I refuse that offer and ask about parts reimbursment which the guy Jaime agrees to. I called there June 23rd asking what the procedure would be to get reimbursed and I am told just bring it in and they will give me $194.00. I drive all the way up there with my two four year olds give Jaime the part and he looks at the numbers and says its not the filter they put in. The mechanic in EHT knwe full well I was going back for reimbursemnt and gave me the pump to bring to them. There is no way he would give me the wrong part. Either way these guys should just do the right thing and reimburse me for the part irreghardless. But then again when I needed my tranny looked at they recommended Good Deal up the street from them who are known crooks in the town of Hammonton so what else should I expect from Crescent. Now I am out an extra $536.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crescent-Tire-Auto/Hammonton-New-Jersey-08037/Crescent-Tire-Auto-Replaced-fuel-pump-96-Jeep-Failed-after-one-year-replaced-again-fa-1061625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crescent Tire & Auto

Extort, criminal??

AUTHOR: Concerned Consumer - ()

Not even worth replying to.

#2 General Comment

Filter..

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

I cannot say much about thier handleing of your return except that if they state that its not the right part, then the mechanic you took it to the second time may have done NO WORK period. You state that its a "clogged fuel filter" well I hate to burst your bubble but thats all on you and your choices of where to put gas in your vehicle. It sounds like the fuel pump failed because of a clogged filter. Most warrenties DO NOT cover a issue that is not DIRECTLY related to the part. I.E. Pump fails due to manufacture defect or improper instalation. As this was a clogged filter. they are not under ANY resposability to replace your unit. ITS YOUR FAULT!!!!

You choose where to put gas in your jeep. The fuel filter is a EASILY replaced part. It takes normally minimal tool use. Its your responsibility to check and maintain your vehicle, that includes the filters. Air, gas, oil. You might want to go back to the second machanic and ask him if he did any work. It sounds like he replaced the filter instead of the pump. In that case, you need to go after him. He charged you for work he did not do and gave you a old fuel pump from his trashcan.

Youre immediatly jumping to conclusions without ANY proof. Being a informed consumer is your right. But you must do your work in the issue. It sounds like your upset over the whole situation and just want someone to blame so you can get back money. You need PROOF if you plan to have money back. If they replaced the original fuel pump then you got the value out of your warrenty. But to go back and EXTORT money out of them for something that is your fault and resposibility shows you to be the criminal. I wonder how you would feel if someone did that to you.....and then posted it. Youre lucky your children are so young, they would be soooo proud of you.....