Complaint Review: Crestline Windows / Menards

• Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: pg — won't say Ohio United States of America
Crestline Windows / Menards

Crestline Windows / Menards Window and Door Warranty Internet

Purchase Several Windows and Sliding Door from Menard's. These are Crestline windows. I am moving out of state for new job, so am selling house. Guess what... warranties are not transferable, so only the original purchaser has the warranty. This is total crap. I was told by Menard's that I should have bought an extended warranty... Guess what... They never offered it to me. When I called them they said that they use to offer extended but no longer do. I said when was this stopped. I was told just recently, well I bought the door and windows 2 years ago. They said that if I took the windows with me!!!! I would still have the warranty... Now that is just plain stupid, so okay I will simple remove them all and tell my buyer to go and buy their own so they can have the warranty... what a crock of crap. I would bet that Anderson windows have a transferable warranty, so the moral is, NEVER buy Crestline windows if you are planing to sell your house, and I was not planning to sell my house at the time I purchased them, but jobs come and jobs go. Buyer beware, stay away from Menards and Crestline windows!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2012 06:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crestline-Windows-Menards/internet/Crestline-Windows-Menards-Window-and-Door-Warranty-Internet-947317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crestline Windows / Menards