Complaint Review: Crestline

• Reported By: jspangle — Warsaw Indiana United States of America
Crestline
880 southview dr. Mosinee, Wisconsin 54455 Internet United States of America

Crestline Do Not Buy These Windows Internet

As I sit here typing this I can hear the wind whistle through the windows in our dining room. Crestline Windows are poor and their customer service is even worse. I purchased my house about three years ago. It was built in 2006 so it isn't that old. That's why I'm extremely disappointed in these windows. We have an open kitchen/dining room area. The east wall is nearly all windows. There are 9 Crestline casement windows, which are about five feet tall. Then there is a smaller 18X18 square window above those.

Now, as I mentioned these windows are about 5 years old. This is why I was surprised last winter when it began to snow inside my kitchen. Yes, actually blow snow in around the window. I photographed this occurrence, which happened several times. Once the snow would blow in it would melt and then freeze along the bottom. I started putting kitchen towels between the windows and the screens to keep the snow and cold wind out of the dining room. [continued below]....
..... Now on to the customer service. This spring I contacted Crestline customer service and explained my situation. I really just wanted somebody to come out and look at the windows because the defect in these windows are that obvious, and should be covered by the warranty. Instead I got back a lengthy letter that they probably sent to everybody. It wanted me to get numbers off the windows. Which I could not find, Note - sent the original sizes and description in the original email to customer service. They wanted me to put a piece of plastic on the outside then fill it with water to see if the windows leak.

I was shocked because as I mentioned I had photos of snow getting in the window. So, I sent the photos as the response requested. I have not heard anything since.

As the weather has started to change I began to examine the windows. I now believe that the windows need all new weather stripping, so I guess since Crestline isn't going to honor any sort of warranty. I'll head to the local home improvement store and hope I can find something to fix it. So, moral of this story is DO NOT BUY CRESTLINE WINDOWS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2011 07:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crestline/internet/Crestline-Do-Not-Buy-These-Windows-Internet-800609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crestline