Complaint Review: Crete Carrier Corp, Shauffer Trucking, Hunt Trucking

• Submitted: Sat, December 01, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, May 10, 2009

• Reported By:Conroe Texas
Crete Carrier Corp, Shauffer Trucking, Hunt Trucking
400 Northwest 56th Street Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A.

Crete Carrier Corp, Shauffer Trucking, Hunt Trucking I was terminated for getting sick. Lincoln Nebraska

*General Comment: That must have been hard

*Consumer Comment: Well...?

*Consumer Comment: What did you expect?

*Consumer Comment: What did you expect?

I strarted with Crete in Jan 2006, I hurt my back in Jan 2006 and was out of work till April. I did not file any workmens comp at that time and went back to work.

I was in Georgia, and developed a leg infection. I drove from Georgia to Dallas Texas, delivered my load and took the truck to the terminal in Wilmer, TX. I requested then to go to the Doctor, the manager T, wanted me to find my own way, but finally let another driver take me to the doctor.

The Doctor sent me directly to the Hospital. The first night in the hospital I received a phone call from the manager that my guranteed family leave had expired and that I was terminated. She had of concern about my health.

She then turned the truck over to another driver without letting my wife have time to get my belongings. They mailed me what they said was in the truck, except that it was short about $125.oo in things I had.

Ed

Fiftwheeler
Conroe, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2007 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crete-Carrier-Corp-Shauffer-Trucking-Hunt-Trucking/Lincoln-Nebraska-68501/Crete-Carrier-Corp-Shauffer-Trucking-Hunt-Trucking-I-was-terminated-for-getting-sick-L-288264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crete Carrier Corp, Shauffer Trucking, Hunt Trucking

#1 General Comment

That must have been hard

AUTHOR: tommy - ()

I think what was missing was a little human compassion,a company like Crete would greatly Benefit by spreading that thinking to there line supervisors. this is all to common in business today.

Well...?

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

I agree with the other rebuttals. What can you expect from a company if you start work for them and immediately get sick and then once you get better, you get sick again. It's nothing more than a string of bad luck. I highly doubt that any company in any industry would have handled the situation differently. I will say that it's a little crappy of them not to allow your wife to collect your belongings from the truck, but as far as terminating your employment, I would say given the circumstances they were well within their rights as an employer. Sorry man.

What did you expect?

AUTHOR: Justanothertrucker - (U.S.A.)

Sorry about your bad stroke of luck buddy, but it sounds that you were on the job for a month, maybe even less than that and you were an employee of the company for 5 months or so. The company wasnt there to support you. I understand completely why they did what they did. I know it hurt at a time you needed help, but you were nothing but an expense and liability to Crete. Hopefully you have come to see and accept that. Again though, sorry about your luck. Hopefully you have had better experience since Crete.

What did you expect?

AUTHOR: Justanothertrucker - (U.S.A.)