Complaint Review: Cricket Broadband

• Submitted: Fri, October 08, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, October 08, 2010

• Reported By: Bill — Oklahoma City Oklahoma United States of America
Cricket Broadband

Cricket Broadband Cricket Wireless Cricket Broadband - Unlimited Gotchas , Internet

Signed up for their unlimited wireless internet in Feb '09. When I got my first bill, there was an extra charge for insurance (that I didn't want) and a 'paper bill fee'. I went back to the store and was told "All this was explained to you when you signed up. Besides, it's all in the copy of the contract we gave you." I told that none of this had been mentioned and that I never received a hard copy of the contract or terms and conditions. They insisted that I had and to prove their point, asked me who my salesperson was. I pointed to the guy that done my order. The manager seemed shocked that I remembered who it was and that he was still working there 30 days after the sale. When the manger asked the kid if he had explained everything and given me a copy of the contract, the kid stood there with a deer-in-the-headlights look for about 5 full seconds and then said, "Uhhh, yeah...I s'pose." The manager then agreed to take the charges off my bill and change my account to prevent a recurrence. He also asked if I wanted to pay my bill while I was there. I was about to say yes when he added, "Of course, if you do, there's a $5 'in person payment' fee." I walked out. Times have been tight so last month, I canceled the account on the 8th of the month. I waited a full month for the pro rate refund to show up on my credit card. Nada. I tried calling but, since my accont was closed, the phone maze absolutely refused to connect me to a service rep. I went back to the original store and explained that I had been billed for the entire month of September and had canceled on the 8th. When I asked when I was going to get my refund, I was told, "We don't give refunds. If you you pay for the month and then cancel, you don't get anything back."

If the service had been available until the end of the month and I just didn't use it, I could live with the 'no refunds' policy but I tried to sign on 1 HOUR after I canceled and the service was already shut off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2010 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Broadband/internet/Cricket-Broadband-Cricket-Wireless-Cricket-Broadband-Unlimited-Gotchas-Internet-648940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Broadband