Complaint Review: Cricket Broadband

• Updated: Sat, September 10, 2011

• Reported By: Nicole — Texas United States of America
Cricket Broadband

Cricket Broadband billing, contract, scam, fcc complaint filed, Internet

I subscribe to Cricket Broadband, which is a monthly "pay as you go" service for internet. When you activate the service, it includes one month of service. Well, I was unable to pay a few weeks ago...so no problem...my internet service was shut off. Approximately one week later, on August 25, 2011, I paid #42.00 for another month of service. I received a email message from them on September 8, 2011 saying my service will be shut off on September 11, 2011.

When I called to inquire about this, I was told that my service is "due" every month on the 11th. May I remind you that there is no contract and when I pay the monthly fee, I expect to receive my MONTH of internet service. They tell me that I owe for the time my internet was disconnected. So basically, I am being charged for a service that I did not receive.

I just filed a complaint with the FCC over this.

Their website advertises:
Get reliable wireless broadband with the Cricket 3G network! With data plans starting at just $45 a month, you can have blazing fast wireless internet service in any Cricket Broadband coverage area. With Cricket, there are no signed contracts, no overages, and no catch.  Purchase a Cricket wireless internet card and get started today!

Also: Contract Terms and Fees

Carrier's Early Termination Fee

Contract Term

Security Deposit
None

I call bullsh*t on this. No signed contracts? You owe for service when it's shut off...sounds like a contract to me! No overages? Sounds like they have no problem charging ME an OVERAGE. No catch? Sure there is.....they charge you for service when you didn't have service. If you are going to charge me for this...leave my damn service ON. I will then gladly pay my due amount!!!

I think it's time to stand up against this company. I am switching to (((competitor's name redacted))). And will be switching my phones soon too. Thanks Cricket! If this is how you treat your loyal customers.....

Just noticed this on their website also:
Coverage indoors may also vary

Well really? So as long as I'm outside using the internet.....no problem? You guys suck and I hope you get shut down. Any attorneys out there ready to take this on? This cannot be legal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2011 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Broadband/internet/Cricket-Broadband-billing-contract-scam-fcc-complaint-filed-Internet-775127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Broadband