Complaint Review: Cricket Cell Phone Service

• Submitted: Wed, February 13, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2008

• Reported By:Conway Arkansas
Cricket Cell Phone Service
825 Oak St. Conway, Arkansas U.S.A.

Cricket Cell Phone Service Cricket does not honor their service. Charged roaming fees when I am in the cricket area ! Big RIP OFF !!! Conway Arkansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Where were you transferred FROM?

I was transfered to a new job here in Conway....I got to looking at the cricket service and could see where I could save money ( THOUGH I THOUGHT !)

The rep told me I could get service anywhere in the green area. Since this phone was going to be used for work 95% of the time, I thought this to be a good deal !

I work at a major college and I have to constanly go from place to place on campus.

I did not purchase roaming at the time because I had no need for it though I thought!

In certain areas at the college I noticed I would go in to roaming...the automated voice would tell me that I had no roaming minutes and said I could purchase them with a credit card....

Anyway I contacted cricket rep where I got my service...I told them I was going into roaming when I was in the cricket area and did not know why...I told her I was dead in the middle of the cricket phone area. Anyway I purchased 100 minutes roaming because my job required me to have a phone and I couldn't miss any calls.

In the mean time, I contacted a rep after going through the automated crap and about 3 reps. I was credited for the roaming minutes, so I thought cricket was doing the right thing.

Anyway...as time went on I was recieving so many calls from my work on campus I ran out of the 100 roaming minutes....I called again and told them the story all over again....They told me that I had already been credited once for the roaming minutes and Icouldn't be credited again. I told the rep that I wasn't asking for credit....I was asking for what was rightfully mine..I told her I used all my roaming minutes that I was paying an extra $5.00 for a month, when I shouldn't even be in roaming in the first place because I was dead in the middle of the green area !

I finally was connected to a manager who refused to give his name....He told me the same thing ! They could not give me credit for their problem...I told him that I am supposed to get service in the green area without going into roaming....He then said that sometimes there are spots in the green area where it goest to a roaming tower and couldn't be helped...I told him that wasn't my problem and they should stand good for it since it didn't show the roaming spots on the calling area map I recieved when I purchased their service ! He told me that it shows it on theirs at their office...I told him that the calling area brochures that they give the customer doesn't show the roaming spots it....

Anyway, he refused to do anything about it even after i threatened to tell all the kids I see on campus about their service....I even threatened to write the editor about this at our local newspaper....He didn't seem to mind ! I guess they can do what they want and rip people off !

Conway, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2008 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Cell-Phone-Service/Conway-Arkansas-72034/Cricket-Cell-Phone-Service-Cricket-does-not-honor-their-service-Charged-roaming-fees-when-308571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Cell Phone Service

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Where were you transferred FROM?

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

When you say that I was transferred to a new area, what do you mean by that? Where were you transferred FROM? That is going to have a BIG impact on how your service will work. You cannot transfer from a different Cricket area in Arkansas and continue service in another area. Your service MUST be transferred to the new market area.

According to Cricket's website, Conway is in the Little Rock/Pine Bluff/Hot Springs area. If you had service from a whole other Cricket market, you will ALWAYS be in roaming. You may also need to reprogram your phone by pressing *228 SEND and follow the directions.

Please clarify where you transferred from so I can see if the above is the issue.