Complaint Review: Cricket Cellular

• Submitted: Fri, December 22, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, January 28, 2007

• Reported By:Dickinson Texas
Cricket Cellular
3305 Gulf Frwy Dickinson, Texas U.S.A.

Cricket Cellular Rip Off customer service does not care Dickinson Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The "water damage" brushoff..

*Author of original report: EX Employee knows nothing obviously.. Cricket still dsnt care!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Your problem is NOT with Cricket.....

I am so disgusted with Cricket Cellualr. I bought the Kyocera Dorado Cell phone and it has not worked ever since I bought it. Half the time the phone will not turn on and the other half the time when it does says it is searching for service and will not dial out or receive calls.

I have been talking till I'm blue in the face since my purchase 3 months ago to the store I bought it at in Dickinson on I-45 and 517 and also to the 1-800-cricket. they refuse to replace the phone or fix the problem, saying it is my problem. Come to find out that they quit selling the Dorado phone due to so many problems with it 1 week after I bought mine.

well what about the customers having problems with this hand set? I use this phone as my home phone as well and have had to install a new phone because that Cricket service and phones are unreliable. I do not understand if they have quit selling this model then why are they not re-calling them or giving you a replacement phone in order to keep your business? Because they do not care about your business. customers are a dime a dozen and we are replaceable!

If anyone knows of anything I can do do take care of this, PLEASE. Help me. They will not give me the money back for the phone, reimburse me for all time that I am not able to use the phone due to their bad product and service and want me to purchase a new phone at reg. price because I am already a customer. Please Help.

Nina
Dickinson, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2006 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Cellular/Dickinson-Texas-77539/Cricket-Cellular-Rip-Off-customer-service-does-not-care-Dickinson-Texas-226839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Cellular

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The "water damage" brushoff..

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

I've been hearing a lot about the "water damage" claim that some reps at cell phone company corporate stores are saying now. Actually, what they are claiming is true. Excessive humidity CAN cause problems in cell phones. Use Google and search for "humidity cell phones" or "humidity affect electronics", and you'll find how humidity is a BAD thing for electronics. The main thing that humidity affects in a cell phone is the battery. Look at this article here:

www.citizensutilityboard.org/pdfs/ConsumerInfo/20060612_CellPhoneGuideLongVersion.pdf

It says that humidity does affect cell phone battery life. But remember, if the battery is affected, it can cause LOTS of problems for the rest of the phone.

To be honest, I would NEVER buy a Kyocera phone. They have had a LOT of problems with their batteries affecting the functionality of the phones they sell. And they have also had some cell phones blow up because of OVERHEATING of the battery. Scary, huh?

Anyways, again, your problem is with Kyocera. Cricket does NOT make cell phones. I would suggest getting either a Motorola, LG, or Nokia phone. Try calling back Kyocera to see if you can still get teh phone replaced under manufacturer's warranty.

EX Employee knows nothing obviously.. Cricket still dsnt care!

AUTHOR: Nina - (U.S.A.)

An ex employee rebuttals and obviously knows nothing... I went to the main so called CORP. STORE in Houston and they can not help me either.. sending back to store where bought due to not buying the insurance plan.. Supp. still under factory warranty because in time frame.. Monroe store off I-45 and Monroe is our main Corp. Store.. Went back to Dickinson location where I get a bunch of hoop lahh.. They now tell me that the phone has water damage.. I said if this is so you sold it to me this way.. I know better than to get a cell phone wet.. the store manager a female tells me that even being outside when we have high humidity levels or sitting next to a a coca cola glass that is sweating could cause this problem.. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! I have heard it all now.. why come to Texas with this type of phone if the humidity is going to cause it to not be able to dial or recieve calls.. Texas has lots of humidity.. Anyway.. it is still my problem and I am out monies and refuse to pay for the upcoming month ..I am out monies for the cost of this insufficient phone as well.. WHAT AM I TO DO?
I tried to contact Kyocera as well and I have been waiting on a call back for appx.. 2 1/2 weeks.. Help me please..

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Your problem is NOT with Cricket.....

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, your problem is not necessarily with Cricket. Your problem is with the phone manufacturer, who is KYOCERA. Cricket does NOT make phones, they only provide cell phone service.

Judging by the location of Dickinson, TX, I have determined that you have purchased your phone at an authorized phone DEALER, not an official Cricket (corporate) store. That is the reason why they wouldn't replace the phone for you. They are authorized to only SELL you a phone. They do NOT handle warranty service of ANY kind. You should go to a full service store (go to www.mycricket.com, click on "store locations") to try and get some help. Otherwise, contact Kyocera (go to www.kyocera.com).