Complaint Review: Cricket Cellular

• Submitted: Wed, December 24, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 24, 2008

• Reported By:Hazlewood Missouri
Cricket Cellular
Cricket.com St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

Cricket Cellular False avertisment, no customer service, and turns off service until you pay for services not rendered St. Louis Missouri

Cricket says your first month is free, when buying 2 phones from them the sale rep told me that I was paying for the phone and one month of service and that it would be 2 months before I got a bill. He told me this twice in responce to me asking twice. I got a bill after the first month. I got the phones Nov. 3 2008 and got billed for Dec. 3 2008. I did not have the funds to pay for Dec. When I did get the funds ( on Dec. 24th) I was told my bill was $93 this would cover until Jan. 3 2009, when I would be expected to pay $83. I had no phone service from Dec. 3 on, but Im expected to pay nearly $100 for phone service that I did not have. Cricket avertises that they have no contracts, wich in the cosumers eye means that we are not expected to pay for months that we dont have phone service.

They siad the only way for me to get phone service again is to pay for the month that I didnt have service, and then again for the upcoming month. Even if I just waited for Jan. 3.

I asked if I could just restart on Dec. 24th and have a new due day, I was told, if I do that I would have to pay activation fees all over again, and that I couldnt keep the numbers I already had.

Also, when you dial there 1-800-cricket number, dont expect to talk to a live rep, you get the same mesage EACH time (there having technical difficulties, and no one is avalable, so try back later).

There should really be a class action against them.

Hazlewood, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2008 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Cellular/St-Louis-Missouri-63042/Cricket-Cellular-False-avertisment-no-customer-service-and-turns-off-service-until-you-p-404747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Cellular