Complaint Review: Cricket Communications

• Submitted: Thu, August 18, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, August 21, 2005

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Cricket Communications
mycricket.com Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Cricket Communications ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: So what's your beef?

Avoid Cricket at all costs. DOn't pay attention to that smooth-talking Magic guy that seems to put a rebuttal to very complaint. My major tiffs were/are:

1. They used to answer their local phones every now and then. Now they don't answer at all. At all. You can even hear them hanging up the phone on you. Cricket has lost control of their local employees in Phoenix Arizona. The local phone 602-458-4487 is touted as a way to get through to someone if you cannot connect to the 800 number. It doesn't work.

2. Service is poor and Cricket makes no attempt to inform anyone if they are intending to improve service. I called a guy from Leap Wireless in San Diego California named Marcos Benavides and he acted like it was a bother for me to call. Tel: 858-882-6000. He could not figure out why in the world I wa calling.

3. I am with Verizon and and am very happy. I can use my phone anywhere. Yes, I do limit my minutes during the day but it's oh so worth it. Don't make the mistake of joining Cricket. You will eventually cancel and go elsewhere.

Jon
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2005 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Communications/Phoenix-Arizona-85016/Cricket-Communications-ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-154145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Communications

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

So what's your beef?

AUTHOR: Magic - (U.S.A.)

I don't understand exactly what your beef is. I can kind of see, but not really.

Yes, at the Retail Cricket Stores, it tends to be pretty busy all day, so the agents are not always able to answer the phone. That's why you're not always able to talk to an agent over the phone when you call a Retail/Direct Cricket Store. It's kind of "luck of the call" when you call the store. As for Cricket "losing control of its employees", I don't think so. Unless you can provide an example of such, then I think that your claims are unfounded.

As for service, Cricket HAS improved its service, and Cricket customers DO have the ability to roam outside of the Cricket market with their "Travel Time" feature. It's currently 59 cents/minute to roam just about anywhere in the US and in some parts of Canada as well. But, I can see that you're referring to "customer service", not actual cell phone service. The reason why the guy you called at Cricket's HQ didn't know what you were calling about was because the corporate number is reserved for ONLY certain requests (like police reports submission for harrassing calls, etc.), not for general customer service. What was the issue you were having? If you had a problem with a Customer Service Representative, you should speak with a supervisor when you call customer service.

I'm glad that you're with Verizon and are very happy. Cricket realizes that its service is not for everyone since customers have different needs (like roaming, etc.). Most people who use Cricket use it as a substitute for a home phone, since landline telephone companies have become more and more expensive these days. I like Verizon for the most part, but I actually like T-Mobile more. T-Mobile's service seems to be better in more rural areas than Verizon's in my experience, and their contract is ALWAYS 1 year long, NOT 2 years like Verizon's. I have a 2 year contract w/ Verizon now, and after it's over, I'm switching back to T-Mobile.

One last tip: if you EVER think about cancelling your service with Verizon, THINK about the 2 YEAR CONTRACT you signed up for with them and NO CONTRACT you signed up for with Cricket....