Complaint Review: Cricket Communications

• Reported By: the Mrs. — Reno Nevada USA
Cricket Communications
4800 STOLTZ RD. #65 Reno, Nevada United States of America

Cricket Communications All I wanted to do was cancel my auto pay Reno, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: I don't like them either.

I finally had it with poor service and the crappy cell phone falling apart... even the battery got hot and was starting to burn my face.  No one seemed to know exactly where to take it so I kept calling different Cricket stores and getting mixed up directions.  I am disabled so I cannot go everywhere on demand.

I decided to get Straight Talk from WalMart and had ordered it and paid for it the night before.  So I decided to give Cricket a courtesy call so they would not bill me on October 8th with their Auto Pay feature. (It is Oct. 2) I got a customer service rep that I could not understand as her Spanish accent got in the way.  I kept asking her "what" and thought that my auto pay was cancelled so my account would not be charged.  Imagine my surprise when I found the whole phone number had been cancelled immediately leaving me without a phone until Straight Talk gets here in 3 days!  Here I am disabled from a stroke, with my son in a hospital due to be discharged tomorrow, and I am miles away with no phone.

I called Cricket back and talked to one supervisor after another.  The phone was by then, burning my face.  Finally I got transferred to the same department that cancelled my account and a Lily asked me to pay another month in advance and she could get my service back.  By then I was almost ready to have another stroke!  I told her that I would go to my bank tomorrow and file a complaint with Visa as I had NEVER received the service promised.  I had unlimited talk and text but the crummy phone would never connect to the internet so that part never ever worked.  I am paid thru October 8th and have been robbed of my phone.  It is being held for hostage!

This Lily asked me to call back in an hour or two as all calls are recorded and they had to listen to my original call to either give me back my phone service but she told me that if I cancelled it that it would remain cancelled.  I don't remember telling anyone to cancel it, but the Spanish accent was so thick I might have said an "ok" thinking she asked me something else.

I am furious, close to having another stroke, and everyone I spoke with had a spanish accent.  Are they farming this stuff out South of the Border?  Who can understand them?  I think it is deliberate fraud on the company's behalf and I will NEVER tell anyone anything good about this company.  If I have to wait three days for a phone it will throw my whole October into such a turmoil.  There should be FEDERAL laws against this customer abuse.  I am so done with Cricket I can hardly speak.

Thank God I live in my RV in a park that has a free local phone outside.  It is a long walk for me and very hard walk for me.  I think the is first degree B.S.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2011 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Communications/Reno-Nevada-89506/Cricket-Communications-All-I-wanted-to-do-was-cancel-my-auto-pay-Reno-Nevada-783886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Communications

I don't like them either.

AUTHOR: ItterBitter - (USA)

I must first make something clear::: I AM NOT A FAN OF CRICKET. They've attempted to screw me out of $130.25; recently came to find out that it's more. So, begin understanding that. Secondly, I can relate to your issues of customer service being despicable, but don't insult the people south of the border; the people that work for cricket are phillipino (that's asia, not south america or central america). Cricket is also prepaid monthly and you must give 7 days notification before they don't deduct on your debit/ credit card. If you took service of any kind on the 1st of the month; you'll have owed them for it, even if it's only 2 days. No refunds are given unless you don't use the service for a full cycle. It's in their incredibly idiotic terms and conditions on the website. They can also block you from the 1-800-Cricket number found out about that from personal experience. Supervisors there are a joke. Its like talking to a McDonalds employee here in the states.