Complaint Review: Cricket Communications

• Reported By: Drew — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Cricket Communications

Cricket Communications Internet Service DOES NOT WORK! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I GOT THE $40 UNLIMITED INTERNET SERVICE

I'm not sure what good this will do. Anyway. DO NOT purchase Cricket Broadband internet service. I have had nothing but problems with it. From extremely slow download speeds, to getting a connection at all. I cannot even send attachments. They limit your usage, but do not tell you that and by the third day from the first of the month, you might as well send smoke signals to get a message to someone. The customer service automated help line is useless, along with the foreign customer service agents in some third world country who apparently just learned English from a "d**k and Jane" book thirty minutes prior to their shift. They are charging almost $50.00 a month for service that is worth nothing. Find another internet provider. ANY internet provider. But do NOT go to CRICKET.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 11:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Communications/internet/Cricket-Communications-Internet-Service-DOES-NOT-WORK-Internet-636284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Communications

I GOT THE $40 UNLIMITED INTERNET SERVICE

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO WAIT ANYWHERE FROM FOUR TO TWENTY-FOUR HOURS AFTER YOU PURCHASE THE WIRELESS MODEM FOR THE SERVICE TO START. I HAD TO DELETE ALL OTHER WIRELESS CONNECTORS AND I HAD SEVERAL OF THOSE --CARDS AND USB PORT ANTENNAS TO PICK UP WIRELESS SIGNALS.

WHEN I HAD TROUBLE GETTING A CONNECTION, I BORROWED A CELL PHONE AND CALLED THE 1-800 NUMBER AND TALKED WITH A REAL COOL LADY FROM INDIA WITH A BEAUTIFUL DEHLI ACCENT, WITHIN MINUTES, I WAS ON THE INTERNET AND WITH THE $40 PLAN, i AM DOING OK. I JUST B ASICALLY SURF THE NET AND THAT IS ALL.

I DON'T HAVE TO BE AROUND THE LOUD, RUDE, ARROGANT SCUM AT THE FREE WI-FI PLACES AND CAN STAY HOME AND ENJOY MY WIRELESS AND $43 IS FINE FOR ME. '

IF YOU HANG UP ON THE AUTOMATED CUSTOMER SERVICE OR KEEP TELLING IT WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, YOU WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO A REAL PERSON. I LIKE TO HEAR PEOPLE WITH ACCENTS TALK. I ALSO FIND OUT IF I AM COURTEOUS TO THEM, THEY ARE MORE LIKELY TO DO THEIR BEST TO HELP ME.

SO FAR, WITH CRICKET, SO GOOD FOR ME.