Complaint Review: Cricket Mobile Store

• Updated: Fri, September 21, 2012

• Reported By: Ms. B — Round Rock Texas United States of America
Cricket Mobile Store
300 Mays Crossing Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Cricket Mobile Store Cricket Wireless Sold a phone to me at the cost of 300.00 dollars that does not work or charge, and will not replace without an additional 125.00 dollars. The phone is still under warranty after less than 2 months of Round Rock, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Warranty

I purchased a Hawaian Mercury phone at the end of February of 2012, a phone that cost 300.00 dollars, plus an additional 63.00 dollars for the service of the phone. By the first week of April the phone will no longer take a charge nor will it turn on due to not taking a charge. I am not able to use the phone for anything. After taking the phone into store # 7202 and speaking with a person who is a manager by the name of Jason, I was given another charger which made the phone appear to be charging as with before consisting of my own charger.

The phone was never checked for any problems, only for cosmetic damages to find that there were not any. I was informed that the charger should work. This was on April 3, 2012. On April 4, 2012, the next day, the phone was completely dead as suspected and would not take a charge. The store manager was rude and stated that it could not be replaced although the phone is under a one year warranty. I was informed that the phone had a scratch on it, so the warranty was voided and that I would have to pay 125.00 dollars to have it repaired or replaced.

Another customer was complaining of the same issue while I was there, and because I questioned the customer who was also upset, the manager, Jason stated that he would be calling the police on me for harrassment. The manager was extremely rude, and did not help me although I had no money to get the needed assistance with the corrupt product that I had already paid for in full, including the service. Please help me resolve this issue by public attention to this matter regarding the defective products being sold by cricket.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Mobile-Store/Round-Rock-Texas-78664/Cricket-Mobile-Store-Cricket-Wireless-Sold-a-phone-to-me-at-the-cost-of-30000-dollars-tha-863853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Mobile Store

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Warranty

AUTHOR: ANONYMOUS - (USA)

Typically when you buy an item with a warranty and can't resolve defect with merchant, The manufacturer is the guarantor of the warranty. Contact the manufacturer.