Complaint Review: Cricket Mobile

• Updated: Mon, November 08, 2010

• Reported By: John — Covington Kentucky USA
Cricket Mobile

Cricket Mobile Technical support is useless. Internet

I bought a Palm Treo 700P that was flashed to work with Cricket.  From the day I had it set up with Cricket, I had problems that were not due to the phone.  It took the representative in the store 3 attempts and 3 phone numbers before he could configure it.  When I got it home, voice mail and web didn't work.  I took it back to the store that did the set up, they refused to look at it or help.  I called Cricket's tech support 5 times.  They kept insisting the problem was with the phone and refused to discuss any settings that may be wrong.  I finally broke down and bought a Cricket branded phone directly from www.mycricket.com.  Their tech support activated it.

Of course, what I've been saying the whole time was correct:  my flashed phone wasn't the problem.  Voice mail still won't work on the Cricket branded phone.  They couldn't resolve the issue while on the phone and said they were sending up a ticket to "tech support" (I thought that's who I was speaking to all those times) and that I'd get called back within 5 days (which is pretty lousy service).  After a week, I still haven't gotten a call back.  I email them to check the status, get a useless canned email response and still no call back.  Incredible service.  I should have stuck with Virgin Mobile.  I believe I'll be going back to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2010 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Mobile/internet/Cricket-Mobile-Technical-support-is-useless-Internet-659531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Mobile