Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless Broadband

• Updated: Fri, November 27, 2009

• Reported By: Tommy — Rogers Arkansas United States of America
Cricket Wireless Broadband
5887 Copley Drive Internet United States of America

Cricket Wireless Broadband Leap Wireless Cricket Wireless Capps Unlimited Broadband Plan after a Year, Internet

After a year Cricket Wireless has decided to put a cap on my UNLIMITED BROADBAND package that I have paid every month.  The service has worked flawlessly up until a month or so ago, at which time I started to notice A slow down in my speeds.  And this slowdown is consistent and never changes I still only get at max 12Kbs, not the 64Kbs I'm use to getting.  Well tonight I called cricket and asked the guy why they put a capp on my speed.  The guy on the other end told me that I don't have the premium plan I only have the basic plan.  Well when I signed up there was no premium or basic plans just the Unlimited plan.  He told me that with the plan I have after 5gig's of transfer my speed slows down to 2/3 of what it should be, and if I wanted unlimited speed it would cost me $60 a month.

I didn't sign up for any such service because if I would have heard this at the time I would have never signed up for it because it's a rip off for the $200 I had to pay to get the service going.  All I have to say is I want the service that I signed up and agreed to not some new thing that they have just came up with.  I know that its so new that its not even on their website or in the stores yet.  The only plan advertised on the website is the $40 unlimited plan, no mention of a basic or premium plan.  Now tell me why I have to go by a plan they don't even have advertised yet.  Here's the link to the only plan they had on the website.   http://www.mycricket.com/broadband/plans/broadband40  Oh well I think there should be a class action lawsuit against cricket for this type of action they are taking without even notifying the customers.  Please give me some feedback, and If you have cricket broadband call and complain about the forced change in your plan that you haven't been notified about.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2009 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless-Broadband/internet/Cricket-Wireless-Broadband-Leap-Wireless-Cricket-Wireless-Capps-Unlimited-Broadband-Plan-a-529766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless Broadband