Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless Cell Phone

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: footballmom — Wisconsin Wisconsin United States of America
Cricket Wireless Cell Phone
5887 Copley Drive Internet United States of America

Cricket Wireless Cell Phone PAID monthly Fee - 5 Days and still NO service - They have my $$ I have no cell phone service, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Cricket Wireless. . . .

Purchased 2 pre-paid cell phones in December 2011 - Paid to "Top Up" $25.00 each.  For Four (4) days I tried to activate.  They had my $$ I had no service.  I was told by "technical support" that the issue had been "escalated" and that it would be up and running in 24 hours.  24 hours went by nothing, no service, again this went on for four days.  I was lied to - I was scammed - After 4 days and many phone calls,  I was able to get ahold of a Cricket distributor who called whomever and the phones magically were activated in 30 minutes.

Now it's March and I am dealing with the same thing again.  Purchased 2 "Top up" cards.  Activated 1 phone and it worked just fine.  Went to activate 2nd phone and phone says that there is not enough funds to make the call.  Called technical support and we are back to the December service.  I keep getting told that the issue will be resolved in 24 hours - 24 hours came and went by 5 days ago and they still say the same thing - 24 MORE hours.

I am tired of being lied to!  It's been 5 Days again, and they are holding my cash hostage and not providing service as promised and when I have requested a refund, they will not even refund me my monies.  How long will I have to wait to have a working phone?  Some of the other places where I have looked at similiar "Rip Off reports" people are sitting 4 and 5 weeks without service that they already paid for.

What ever you do - do not get any form of service what so ever with Cricket - Their corporate number rings off the hook, no one answers, tech support lies to you, I was at one time transfered to what was supposed to be "level 2 tech support" and when we were accidently disconnected I called back not only one rep but two and both told me it's not possible to transfer a call to level 2 tech support.  They pulled a "This is Peggy" Discover credit card move on me - They transfered the call to their neighbor or for all I know themselves with a switched voice!!!  This is THE WORST service I have ever encountered.  Nothing but a total scam operation. Please, please whatever you do, do not do business with these people - You will be making the biggest mistake of your life if you do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless-Cell-Phone/internet/Cricket-Wireless-Cell-Phone-PAID-monthly-Fee-5-Days-and-still-NO-service-They-have-my-850684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless Cell Phone

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Cricket Wireless. . . .

AUTHOR: Pete H - (United States of America)

Hey for $60 they'll sell you a new Kyocera Domino! {That includes the price of activation}