Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless Communications

• Reported By: a''tif — englewood Colorado United States of America
Cricket Wireless Communications
1050 w. colfax ave. denver, Colorado United States of America

Cricket Wireless Communications bill pay processing fee denver, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Entire Story?

i hooked up with cricket about 10 yrs. ago, and almost immediately began having some serous problems, and over the yrs. my problems continue with cricket.  a saw one accounting of a consumers problems and thought this person had been picking my brain!!  yes, there's a real big issue with getting a live person and, even you do, you cannot understand a word they speak.  often i am hung up on without warning.  my coomplaint against them is this, for now.  i believe that cricket is unduly and unlawfully enriching itself off of its customers by charging us a "processing fee" every time we pay our bill.  and cricket has made certain that there's no way for me to pay my bill for free, even if it's through some external outlet.  here's my point:  what if the grocery stores began charging customers every time we bought food.  yrs. back i sued cricket, and won, but the court never made clear what portion of the monetary award was for the claimed wrongful 'processing fee' policy.  in fact, i actually won a judgment against cricket ... but the courts didn't want to award me $15,000.00.  so the courts simply wrote to cricket and informed them of the court date; when cricket failed again to show, the court again wrote to them advising of another court date;  finally, after three (3) separate notifications from the court to cricket, they decide to show up and challenge my claims, and the courts allowed this!!  eventually, my monetary award was for about $300.00.  they were over-billing me, charging me for service interruptions that hadn't occurred, dropping my insurance, etc.  and the customer service!!  there isn't any!!!  the employees are the absolute most rudest people i've encountered in the business world, when you're able to understand them!  recently, i asked a cricket employee why i've not been getting my paper bills.  she told me that i'd not been getting them, to which i stated not true.  then i found out why i'm not getting them now.  cricket charges $1.55 for the paper bills each month.  however, i was paying only $.55.  so cricket just dropped me like a hot rock and then raised the paper bill charge!!  i would really, really like to participate in a class action lawsuit against cricket, and however many other unhappy cutomers cricket has given life to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2009 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless-Communications/denver-Colorado-80206/Cricket-Wireless-Communications-bill-pay-processing-fee-denver-Colorado-534765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless Communications

Entire Story?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Okay so you have been with this company for 10 years and had problems almost immediately.  Yet you stayed with them and in the end seem to be upset that they "dropped you like a hot rock".

At some point during this 10 years you attempted to sue them for $15,000(I would love to know what grounds, and what the $15,000 was made up of).  The court then allowed Cricket to challenge your claims.  I mean you are sooo right, how dare the court actually let a company attempt to defend itself.  In the end you got...drum roll please...$300.  So you did have at least some case in the eyes of the court.  But you still stayed?

Then after all of this, and you already having a judgment against them, you bring in the MAGICAL Class Action Lawsuit.  Well I have some bad news for you, the first steps in a Class Action is to file a suit and then convince a judge that it deserves Class Status.  Since you already had your day in court you can not sue them again on the same grounds.  Even if someone else files a suit on your claims and get's class status you are most likely going to be barred from joining that case.  Which is probably a good thing because unless you are the lead plaintiff you would get maybe enough for a couple of months of paper billing charges.