Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless Service

• Reported By:Castle Rock Colorado
Cricket Wireless Service
Cricket.com Internet U.S.A.

Cricket Wireless Service Treatment of New Customers is Outragious Internet

I decided to purchase a brand new Motorola phone from Cricket to start using them as as my wireless service. I wanted to make sure that I had a good phone since I wouldn't have a land line anymore. I was told that this Motorala model was very good. My son has the same phone and never had trouble with his. I also received a free month service for purchasing the phone and using Cricket. I received my new phone in the mail 3 weeks ago.

From day one, the phone did not work. It takes forever to get anybody on the phone from Cricket and I called on a Saturday afternoon to find out where the nearest Cricket store was. It is one hour away from the town that I live in. I went to the store and the young man reprogrammed my phone. Didn't bother to check if it was working at that time and sent me on my way. After I got home and charged my phone for 8 hours as I was told to do, the phone still wasn't working.

Last Thursday, I called Cricket again and spent almost an hour waiting for somebody to answer my call. I was told that a new phone would be in the mail and I would receive it in 3 to 4 business days. I had to have somebody home to sign for the phone.

A week later, I still hadn't received my new phone. I called and again waited for almost an hour to have somebody answer my call. Now I was told by a young man that no, a new phone was never sent to me, that I had to go back to the store that was over an hour from where I lived and they would give me a new phone. I asked him about my free month of service. I told him I have not had a working phone now for 3 weeks, am I going to get my free month of service back? He said no. I asked to talk to a supervisor, was put on hold again and then disconnected. I called back and got ANOTHER young lady. She informed me that no, I wouldn't have received a phone in the mail, and no, I could not go to a store to get a new phone. I had to send back my old phone, wait for about 30 days, then I would receive my refund and at that time I could purchase another phone. I didn't have my box anymore to send the phone back, so again, I had to go over an hour away to the Cricket store to pick up a box to send the phone back in.

All in all, I lost time driving back and forth, time on the phone while I was at work, money for gas, waiting on a phone for 30 days and/or my refund. So I was out of my money and out of my phone, but none of this was my fault. Had I any idea, ANY idea what terriable customer service and representative knowledge would be, and what I had to go through to get a workable phone, I would have never gone with Cricket. I, too, will file a claim with the Better Business Bureau. I can't believe that this kind of customer treatment is allowed.

Castle Rock, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2009 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless-Service/internet/Cricket-Wireless-Service-Treatment-of-New-Customers-is-Outragious-Internet-433962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless Service