assumption

• Submitted: Thu, February 10, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 15, 2011

• Reported By: Shawn — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless I ordered a Cricket Wireless Blackberry, received a CLEAR Wireless Computer Modem(???).. and CAN'T get another phone or my money back Internet

*Consumer Comment: Online Customer Service

On the 1st of February 2011, I ordered a Blackberry Curve 8530 online from Cricket Wireless; with guaranteed Overnight Shipping. 7 days, and $229.99 later I received a CLEAR wireless WiMAX Home/Office Internet Modem. When I inquired with CLEAR Wireless, Cricket Wireless, AND FedEx... I was told that I had received the item I had paid for. Now OBVIOUSLY someone at the Distribution Center mislabeled the package intended for me and sent it elsewhere; or it could possibly still be AT the Center. However NO ONE at Cricket Wireless will take responsibility for this mishap; and that; coupled with the misdirection I received from talking with SEVERAL CSR's regarding ESCALATIONS of complaints' and INVESTIGATIONS that take 24 to 48 hours to get started(WTH???) and 3 to 5 business days to conclude... meanwhile which; during that time, I CAN'T have a another phone SHIPPED to me & I CAN'T go to a local dealer and get a phone to replace the missing one that is OWED to me, and I have to SHIP back the modem I received; at MY expense and wait a MONTH for a refund??? WTF?!?!?!? I usually like to have dinner and drinks BEFORE I get SCREWED?!?!?!? And not to sound RACIST or PREJUDICED... but it is NOT COMFORTING AT ALL to speak with someone in INDIA or the PHILLIPPINES with a GENERIC, Anglo Saxon, FIRST name, reading froma SCRIPT of "Proper" responses trying to assist me in resolving my dilemma. I thought we lived in a world where "the customer is ALWAYS right"? Bad form; Cricket Wireless; VERY BAD FORM!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2011 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless/internet/Cricket-Wireless-I-ordered-a-Cricket-Wireless-Blackberry-received-a-CLEAR-Wireless-Compu-693494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless

Online Customer Service

AUTHOR: luvmy2boys - (United States of America)

I agree the 1.800.CRICKET number is HORRIBLE!  The online customer service is 1.866.384.4425.  I believe you still have to pay to return the item that you didn't order, but if you haven't yet resolved the issue with them, that number may help you.  Also, Crickets parent company is LEAP WIRELESS.  You can also notify them as well.  Their web site is www.leapwireless.com  You may be able to get ahold of someone there that can better assist you as well.  Their sales people are VERY pushy, which is what turned me off of Cricket.