Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless

• Updated: Sat, October 13, 2012

• Reported By: Angry Cricket — Mesa Arizona United States of America
Cricket Wireless
354 North Country Club, Mesa AZ 85201 Internet United States of America

Cricket Wireless , mycricket.com/ False Advertising & Was Lied to By 3 Different Reps. Internet & location, Internet

We ordered a Cricket phone online through wal-mart and activated it at the Cricket Store. After activation we received no service, we called customer support and asked for a refund after two attempts of doing a standard technical proto-call  with tech support. The rep informed us that we were able to receive a refund for activation and the phone if the problem continued. So Today 10/13/2012 we went back to the Cricket store and informed them that the problems have continued and let them know that we were promised an activation refund, thy told us "No". So I called customer service again, the customer service rep then transferred me to the billing department, the billing department filled a claim and told us that we would receive a check in the mail for the money spent activating the broken phone. She then transferred me to another Rep who was supposed to "Confirm" the refund. The rep I was tranferred to then told me that i no longer qualified for a refund for the money paid for activation because while on the phone I had returned the broken cricket phone to the local wal-mart, I replied with " why do you're employees keep telling me I can be refunded if I can't" he said "its rules and regulations. and asked to speak with the supervisor and he argued with me and then finally put me on the phone with a supervisor. The supervisor said the same exact thing that since I returned the phone to wal-mart, i no longer qualified for a service refund, even though we paid around $80 for the service and was not able to use it.

So I decided to go on their website and read their term, they do state that no refunds will be given on service activation, they also state that they are the most affordable wireless carrier "false advertising" Straight-talk and Virgin Mobile are way more affordable. They also advertise that we have service in our area, but we don't. They advertise "No Activation Fee" We Paid a large activation fee.

Cricket Claims: "No matter what type of phone or plan youre looking for, Cricket is a cell phone company that provides options for you. Our diverse range of phones is constantly updated with the latest devices, and all our plansfrom basic to globaloffer unlimited access to the communication channels you need to stay connected. That means no extra fees, no overage charges, and no surprises."  ----Not True, they have plenty of hidden fees, they advertise a $5 insurance plan for monthly insurance and charged us $8, the rep said it was taxes, but the receipt showed no taxes, just an $8 insurance package.

Cricket is Completely aware of their lying Representative and their False Advertising, that's why if you scroll down to the home-page theres a link that you can click that states "important legal links", my question is, can we legally get justice against this company for false advertising and lying by omission????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless/internet/Cricket-Wireless-mycricketcom-False-Advertising-Was-Lied-to-By-3-Different-Reps-Int-954563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless