Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, April 28, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 28, 2011

• Reported By: Fed Up — Oklahoma City Oklahoma United States of America
Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless mycricket.com Fraud, false advertising,illegal billing, Internet

In order to save a little money in this economy I decided to go with Cricket Wireless.  This is a pre paid plan advertised for $35.00 unlimited calling.  This was advertised at Best Buy and over the internet.  I switched my service over on March 28, 2011 over the internet with Jess from the United States.   I pre paid $67.00.  $30.00 for the phone and $35.00 for 1 month of pre paid service with no other taxes or fees involved, as this was a true wireless account.  I called 3 days later and spoke with Marie. She confirmed that my service was indeed $35.00 until May 1, 2011. At that time it was prepaid $35.00 for another month of service.   5 days later I pulled my bill off of their website www.mycricket.com and it showed $47.00 owed.  When I click on details I got "There was a problem retrieving you bill.  We are looking into it." I called and got a guy in India with bad English. He said to call a local store. Of course the local store didn't have a clue.  I recalled 611, Cricket in India (Bill).  He insisted I owe $47.00 the next month.  I asked to talk with his supervisor.  I got another guy on with bad English (Greg) who claimed the $35.00 service is $47.00 with no explaination.  We went round robin for 30 minutes without him able to answer the question why the prepaid $35.00 turned into $47.00 the second month.   I asked to talk with his manager and he put me back into the phone cue which hung up on me.  I have since that time called numerous times and recieved answers as the billing systems is new and they cannot retrieve my information.  I was told that it is $35.00 but the system has a glitch and they cannot correct the bill of $47.00 on www.mycricket.com.  But I really only owe $35.00 which the website does not show and the automation systen demands $47.00.  I have been told by them they are having system issues. Nobody can correct the system issues. Today I was told that I owe $800.00 and it was divided into 2 months for $40.00 a month.  Yes, that's right $800.00. divided by 2 made it $40.00 for my prepaid bill for the second month of $47.00 that should be $35.00.  I spoke with a female who said they had limited information as their systems had been switching over.  She could not figure it out and put me on hold which dropped the call.  I tried again to call back but since they had a high call volume Cricket hung up on me again, several more times.  The cost of the service and hours of time I have spent in the last 30 days has made it the most expensitive phone service I have had.  I have excellent credit and don't want this flakely service to screw it up.  I cannot get a correct bill or an answer from anyone why the bill is already so messed up.

The serivce sucks too.  Voice mails are a day late and  many dropped calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2011 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless/internet/Cricket-Wireless-mycricketcom-Fraud-false-advertisingillegal-billing-Internet-723328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless