Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless

• Updated: Thu, May 29, 2014

• Reported By: pissed off customer — lackawanna New York
Cricket Wireless
Nationwide USA

Cricket Wireless AT&T AIO Cricket Wireless Defrauds Millions of Customers Nationwide

Cricket Wireless recently merged with AT&T. Without warning their customers that CDMA network phones would no longer work on the GSM, it has caused millions of people to lose hundreds of dollars. I have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S4 in February and paid $600.00 for the device. Last month I had run into some hard times and was unable to pay my phone bill in which it got temp. disconnected. When I went in the other day to make a payment and reinstate my services, I was told by a representative whom was very rude that Cricket is no longer activating any new accoun ts that phones are on a CDMA network and that at this time my phone is useless unless I want to upgrade to a GSM network phone. I explained to them that I do not have the money to do an upgrade as I just paid $600 for the device 3 months ago. I was told there was nothing that can be done. I have contacted customer support at the 1800CRICKET and spoke to a representative named Christine and she told me the same thing, that there is nothing they can do and I can re purchase a new phone. Now what strikes me at this point is that Cricket knew it was changing over and it failed to notify their customers that if we were to purchase the old phones that within a few months they would no longer be compatible with their service. This is a means of deceptive business practices and should be made aware to the Attorney Generals Office, Federal Trade Commision, Better Business Bureau and Consumer Protection Agency. Considering the sales associates get a commission for each phone they sell, they had no incentive to tell the customer that the $600 devices we would be purchasing would be useless in a few months. This is not fair to the public. There have been thousands of complaints nationwide about this transition. There have been millions of dollars that customers are out on bc the company deceived us into believeing the phones would still be compatible. If you have been affected monetarily by this, I ask that join us in a class action lawsuit we will be looking to file to recooperate the loses that the consumers took. We can be visited on facebook at facebook.com/pages/Cricket-Wireless-Defrauds-Customers/774154202624911. Protect your investment and do not let this Company get away with scamming you out of your hard earned money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2014 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless/nationwide/Cricket-Wireless-ATampT-AIO-Cricket-Wireless-Defrauds-Millions-of-Customers-Nationwide-1150705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless