Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless

• Reported By: Danroghen — Lakewood Colorado United States of America
Cricket Wireless
Nationwide United States of America

Cricket Wireless True rate my a$$ Nationwide

3 days ive had the service and I already am so upset and I want justice for consumers. True rate I think not.

When every billboard, bus stop, radio ad, tv ad, print material and store signage states $55 all taxes amd fees included should that not be the case? In Crickets eyes no.

I did purchase the $5 monthly insurance as with the android phone it seemed like a good idea. This should bring my total bill to $60 just like reconfirmed and heard by several around me in the corporate store said by the very nice employee.

I get a text message today thanking me for becoming a customer and informing me of my monthly rate of $64.19. Of course in this economy and making minimum wage every dollar counts so I immediately called.

While polite the agent and subsequent so called manager I requested they informed me of the reason for difference. A federal tax.

Now I am not trying to get out of paying the tax as we all know taxes are a part of life. What I do have a problem with is false advertising. As I stated in my intro all forms of advertisment say true rate all taxes and fees included. Never an utter of all taxes and fees included "except this one"

Naturally they went on the defense saying it depends on the market. If that were the case marketing materials, ads of any form should be adjusted accordingly. Which if they had been I would not be seeking justice.

Either absorb that additional fee into the "true rate" or it will be alot more of an issue than one pissed off consumer. Definately going to seek legal consult and filing suit for fraud and false advertising if Cricket doesnt resolve before it gets that far.

Yours truly, Dan H Lakewood CO

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2010 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless/nationwide/Cricket-Wireless-True-rate-my-a-Nationwide-673356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless