Complaint Review: Cricket

• Reported By: Artsywoman1963 — Alexandria Virginia USA
Cricket
Alexandria, Virginia United States of America

Cricket Cell Phone Company Alexandria, Virginia

I fell for the Cricket paygo plan and had it for about six months. The reception was awful and there were echoes in each call.  The plan also failed to explain the little nickel and dimes they charged for various cell phone calls, of which I still do not understand. There were additional charges everytime with this dollar and two dollar a day plan. I ended up paying almost $75 per month. I thought I would try and switch to the monthly unlimited plan, but had the most frustrating experience with the customer service all based out of the Phillipines. I was first told literally by a CSR, that there were no towers in Virginia for me to sign up for the plan, therefore he told me it would not be available! I was shocked, as there are Cricket signs and outlets everywhere here. Anyway, I hung up, then felt like he was not telling me all. I got another CSR who told me the plan would be available, but I would have to dial star and a three digit number to access service and make calls. I was confused! I asked for a manager and was put on hold for about fifteen minutes!  By then I was fed up and decided to donate my phone to a women's shelter, where it could be utilized for at least 911 calls. I have had it with cell phones period! I would not recommend this company, as they are very unknowledgeable about their own services and there CSRs are not friendly or trained and barely speak English.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket/Alexandria-Virginia-22305/Cricket-Cell-Phone-Company-Alexandria-Virginia-557588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket