Complaint Review: Cricket

• Reported By: WorkerB — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Cricket
Berwyn and Broadway Internet United States of America

Cricket $5 Handset Insurance is a Ripoff! Internet

I've barely had my HTC One V phone for a full two months. It was stolen while riding the CTA one night. I reported it to the police and took my police report back to the store where I bought it.

Imagine my shock when I was told by Asurion, the insurance company, that I must now pay them, $115 to get my $300 phone back!!! What the hell is the "$5 handset insurance" for every month? I was stunned to see how they can get away with this. I will complain about this until the cows come home.

At the end of the conversation with the so-called insurance company, there was a survey. They asked if I'd recommend Cricket or their company . . . NEVAH!!! I can't believe one of the many Consumer Reporters on TV in Chicago haven't picked up this story on how the  insurance company is ripping off consumers.

I have 60 days to come up with the $115 to get my phone back. It's out and out blackmail and I will do my best to let the world know what a ripoff this is and that it needs to stop. I am in the process of raising the money to get my phone back, but I'm also going shopping for another company but this time, I'll check the insurance and returns!

SHAME ON INSURANCE COMPANIES!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket/internet/Cricket-5-Handset-Insurance-is-a-Ripoff-Internet-1009938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket