Complaint Review: Criminal Justice Services

• Submitted: Wed, February 22, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 16, 2011

• Reported By:North Salt Lake Utah
Criminal Justice Services
145 East 1300 South Suite #501 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Criminal Justice Services Sex Offender gets aways with abuse and works for Criminal Justice Services Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: Update

*General Comment: Utah Standards

*Author of original report: Justin Herron Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: I agree what he did was wrong but....

I'm Jeremy & am 20 years old. My first cousin, Justin Herron, sexually abused me when I was 16 and he was 23.

He seduced me over a period of time and then he put me in bad situation when I went over to his apartment one night. I knew what he wanted, plus he was my ride home and I didn't want to do anything with him. But since he put me in the situation where I was scared, confused, I told him what he wanted to hear and did what I thought he wanted me to do so I could be taken home.

The past 4 years of my life have been hell because of this. I've been traumatized and it will affect me the rest of my life. Plus on top of it I have had Major depression since I was 13 and am still struggling with the depression.

We tried pressing charges for rape but the salt lake county police department detective said since I so called Consented we could not get charges on him for rape. Plus we couldn't get statutory rape because they (Salt Lake County Police Department Detective) told me that when you are 16 and 17 years old the person has to be 10 years older to be able to press charges for statutory rape.

Then I tried for the incest law since it was my first cousin. But they told me that Sodomy is not included so I couldn't press charges for that. Or in others words since it was male to male they couldn't do anything but if I was a female we could have press charges against my cousin for the Incest Law.

Justin Herron a sexual predator got away with sexually abusing his cousin.

If you want I can have my consular Derek verify what Justin Herron did was sexual abuse.

Justin's childhood was bad and he was abused and never got the helped that he needed and still needs. Justin is a high school dropout and never got his GED or High School Diploma but was able to get hired on by Salt Lake County because he took some classes at the DATC and messed around with his computer all day since he dropped out of high school. Plus is mother happened to work for the salt lake county.

My complaint is that Justin Herron a Sex Offender that got away with the abuse is the Personal Computer Technician & Site Webmaster at Criminal Justice Services department of Salt Lake County in Utah.

I want the public to know that the have an unregistered Sex Offender working in Criminal Justice Services and how he got away with the abuse. I've tried everything legally that I can but the Laws protect the Sex Offender.

Jeremy
North Salt Lake, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2006 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Criminal-Justice-Services/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Criminal-Justice-Services-Sex-Offender-gets-aways-with-abuse-and-works-for-Criminal-Justic-177599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Criminal Justice Services

Update

AUTHOR: Jeremy - (U.S.A.)

I have been getting help for the sexual abuse. Come to find out I have PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) from the abuse. He started abusing me when I was 13 years old and did not remember that part when I filed the report to the police.  The mind blocks out traumatic events as a way for a child to cope with abuse. The night that happen when I was 16 years old was the last time he abused me and would have never happened if he had not been abusing me before.

Over 10 years later and my day to day life is still messed up and being effect by the abuse in a negative way. It is a slow process to heal and even though I make progress, anything could trigger the PTSD. My update is to let everyone know that he abused me from 13 years old up to 16 years old. As a result, I do have Post-traumatic stress disorder.

#2 General Comment

Utah Standards

AUTHOR: Wolf - (USA)

I lived and grew up in Utah in the 60s and 70s. Small town and believe me worst then the cities in Utah. Utah is a state that sex with a family member or someone under age is OK with Law Enforcement. You have to remember that UTAH is still in the Stone Ages.

Justin Herron Salt Lake City Utah

AUTHOR: Jeremy - (U.S.A.)

Justin Herron a sexual predator got away with sexually abusing his cousin.

Plus is mother LeRea Herron happened to work for the salt lake county.

I want the public to know that the have an unregistered Sex Offender working in Criminal Justice Services and how he got away with the abuse. This is the Justin Herron who's mother is LeRea Herron, Father Dave Herron and sister Brittney Herron. I've tried everything legally that I can but the Laws protect the Sex Offender. I hope this story will give courage to other male victims to come out and stop the abuse that is getting shoved under the rug here in Utah.

Jeremy North Salt Lake, Utah

I agree what he did was wrong but....

AUTHOR: Ashlee - (U.S.A.)

Jeremy I am very sorry that you had to go through that kind of abuse, and yes I agree with you 100% that he should not be working for the county. You say he is an unregistered sex offender working for the county, that is not "legally" true because he was never charged with any crime that would mandate him to register. Yes he is a sex offender in our eyes. Stay strong and he will get whats coming to him some day hun.