Complaint Review: Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America

• Submitted: Mon, March 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 01, 2010

• Reported By: anonymous — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America

Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America "Charity" does not seem up front with credit card charges Internet

I received a flyer for recruitment for a Boston type marathon for fundraising, where all expenses were included.  I checked their website for how this situation worked (since they pay expenses) and I found nothing.  Since a friend of mine has Crohn's disease, we decided to go to their informational get-togethers.

Once we got there, we found out that our credit card numbers would be taken.  You are expected to raise $2750 to pay for the trip to Boston (excluding airfare) or $3750 (with air).  If the amount is not raised, the difference is taken from your credit card.

Of course, this was not announced during the initial presentation (just a bunch of Rah! Rah! stuff).  We just looked through the paperwork while sitting there, and decided it would be better to make a smaller donation to the cause (likely elsewhere).

I checked online before going, and did not find any complaints for The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.  However, I find the tactics mentioned above fishy, and I question how much money raised actually goes toward research (i.e. actual charitable causes).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 04:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crohns-and-Colitis-Foundation-of-America/internet/Crohns-and-Colitis-Foundation-of-America-Charity-does-not-seem-up-front-with-credit-ca-575902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America

involves