Complaint Review: Cross Check James McDaniel

• Updated: Tue, January 01, 2013

• Reported By: Oscar — Mount Dora Florida United States of America
Cross Check James McDaniel
1440 North McDowell Boulevard Petaluma, California United States of America

Cross Check James McDaniel John Alan Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Act Petaluma, California

*Consumer Comment: sued and one also

*Author of original report: Sued CrossCheck and Won

*Author of original report: Sued CrossCheck and Won

I am writing to report an incident that occurred regarding blatant violations of the Fair Debt Collections Practices act at a company called Crosscheck and by its employees James McDaniel and John Alan.  On January 9, 2012, James McDaniel of Crosscheck called me and immediately began accusing me of writing a bad check without identifying who he was.  I thought he was a scammer because I didnt write a bad check.  There were more than sufficient funds in my account to cover the check in question.  My bank reversed the check because they suspected the original creditor was fraudulent and there was glitch in communication.  But I digress.  I thought he was a scammer because I knew that there were more than sufficient funds in the bank to cover that measly check. I told McDaniel (I discovered his name later) to go to hell.

Out of spite, McDaniel called my ex-wife the next day.  This is a clear violation of federal law since he had no need to locate me.  He already knew where to find me.  He then told her that I had bounced a check.  First that is a lie, and second, according to the law, he is forbidden to disclose such information to a third party.  Further, he threatened me with law enforcement, which is also a violation of federal law.

After I checked things out, I called back and said I would pay the money and asked for an address.  McDaniel said I dont like you  He refused to give me either his name, the name of his company, or his address.  He said "I'm not a child.  I won't give you my address because you demand it." Instead he said, No. I dont want your money.  I would rather fix it so you can never write checks again.  I interpret this as a threat.  And it is especially heinous since I already offered to pay the money.  He then launched into a litany of verbal abuse that included mocking me, saying Wah Wah Wah when I informed that I wrote a good check in good faith.  He called me a baby and a jerk.  Such insulting language is another violation of federal law.  Although I never threatened him physically, he started screaming that I was threatening him. He arrogantly stated that You dont know who youre dealing with, when I told him I was going to report him to the FTC.  He thinks he cannot be touched.  I had to wrench an address out of him, and even then, he gave me only a P.O. Box.

Later that day, after I agreed to send the money, his supervisor John Alan called, and he also threatened me with law enforcement.  Alan said he had an report in with the DA in the county where I live.  Bill collectors are not allowed to threaten comsumers with law enforcement.  He then insisted that I send the money via Western Union, which cost me an additional 12.99 when my bank would have wired it for free.There are several violations of a federal law going on here.

I urge everyone who has had to deal with this company and these criminals (when you break a federal law you earn the right to be called a criminal)  to report it immediately to the FTC and the State's Attorney General.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2012 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Check-James-McDaniel/Petaluma-California-/Cross-Check-James-McDaniel-John-Alan-Violation-of-the-Fair-Debt-Collection-Act-Petaluma-C-821789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Check James McDaniel

sued and one also

AUTHOR: charger23 - ()

i also sued and won settled out of court i recommend evetyone that has a problem with them file against them

Sued CrossCheck and Won

AUTHOR: Oscar - (United States of America)

I sued CrossCheck and won.  They were in clear violation of the law.  It didn't cost me that much, and I got a pretty good settlement.  I encourage all who have been victimized by CrossCheck to hire a good attorney and sue them promptly.  They're really wimpy.  They roll over fast.

Sued CrossCheck and Won

AUTHOR: Oscar - (United States of America)