Complaint Review: Cross Country Bank aka Applied Card Systems

• Submitted: Mon, November 25, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, November 25, 2002

• Reported By:Lynnwood WA
Cross Country Bank aka Applied Card Systems
4700 Blue Lake Dr. Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-273-7690
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Cross Country Bank aka Applied Card Systems ripoff Boca Raton Florida

I'm another consumer that's been "burned" by CCB! I've been trying for almost 6 yrs to get erroneous information off my credit bureaus!

My ex-wife, who had NOTHING to do with my card, filed an individual bankruptcy back in '96. Shortly afterwards, CCB closed my account, stating that I had filed bankrupty! I produced a letter from my ex's attorney saying that it was her not ME that filed bankruptcy but they wouldn't accept it. They claimed that they had a letter from a attorney saying that I DID file and when I asked for proof of this letter, they told me that I had to get it from the credit bureaus....guess what the credit bureaus told me!!

I've been trying to refinance my home but this problem with CCB is haunting me! Refinance companies work loans off Beacon scores so you can only imagine what a so called bankruptcy, that NEVER happened, is doing to my credit scores! I'm self-employed so this not only hurts my trying to refinance but also making improvements in my business!!

So how in the **** do I get this off my credit reports???? Where's the burden of proof anyway?? Haven't the credit bureaus caught onto CCB's business practices yet??? Sheesh....who would file a bankruptcy on one business for $300 anyway???

Lynnwood, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2002 09:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Country-Bank-aka-Applied-Card-Systems/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Cross-Country-Bank-aka-Applied-Card-Systems-ripoff-Boca-Raton-Florida-36278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Country Bank aka Applied Card Systems