Complaint Review: Cross Country Bank

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, December 26, 2001

• Reported By:Haysville Ks
Cross Country Bank
P O BOX 310711 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 304-528-2416
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

CROSS COUNTRY BANK NEEDS TO BE STOPPED

I have never experienced the bad business practices like I have with Cross Country Bank. Once I saw how they were adding fees that were excessively high and almost daily, I cancelled my account.

Since that time I have received continous phone calls. In the last few days, I received 3 calls one day within 5 minutes. Today I received 6 calls within 10 minutes. Even after I told them to quit calling. I have faxed them telling them I am cancelling my account and that I want the balance to reflect that.

I have even sought help through a credit counseling company and have told them that. Their response..........we will keep calling you and it does not make a difference. I do not mind paying for what I owe but this company in my opinion is running a scam. They need to be stopped. Cross Country cannot keep harrasing consumers and get away with it.

I do know that Federal Debt Collections Practices Act of 1977 is suppose to protect consumers.

I think a class action suit is needed and in order to keep Cross Country from claiming anymore victims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Country-Bank/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431-0711/CROSS-COUNTRY-BANK-NEEDS-TO-BE-STOPPED-9972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Country Bank