Complaint Review: Cross Country Bank

• Submitted: Thu, December 01, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 01, 2005

• Reported By:port orange Florida
Cross Country Bank
P.o. Box 310731 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Cross Country Bank, Applied Card Bank ripoff, this compnay is doing illegal practices. I paid off my account in full after they credited me with a refund of $170.00 from a merchant who did not give us the service provided for the $170.00. I called and asked what the balance is after this and they said it was a total of $28.56 which included a $6.50 charge to pay on line. I did this with a cehck I called in. I also cancelled card aug 24, Boca Raton Florida

I cnacelled the card on Aug 25/ 2005 after I paid the balance with a check on the internet, I called to get the balance and i paid the $20 dollars balance plus $6.50 fee. This would end thier high interest charges. I was credited $170.00 from a merchant who did not produce the license I needed to operate a business. Cross Country approved this refund twice. After cancelling the account and the card, soemhow they found a way to try and keep it open by assesing a charge of .38, I ignored that as the account was closed. Thye then tried to send a bill two month late to the wrong address, as we movedit came in for $228.20. From a zero balance, closed account they tried to add the $170.00 again saying the bank did not accept it as it was more than 60 days. They dragged this thing out twice and then have the nerve to try and charge me this again,now with late fees.I have letters sent to them and receipts of payment.Thye are so dishonest. The charges now are thier $10 monthly fee, fiance charge and $32.00 late fee. I have a receipt from them that states an adjustment to my account of $170.00 on 8/19/2005. The recedipt also states the account is closed!!! YOu can not come back and asses money to a closed account, you said it was closed, and thank God for that. Will the attorney General allw these shistes to continue to operate? I think not I plan on taking this to the limit if they do not back off, and Not ruin my credit.Thye tried to asses another $1.00 fee when I paid off this account thus the .38 balance. Thye have some nerve. Do not touch this card company at all!!

Russell
port orange, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2005 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Country-Bank/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Cross-Country-Bank-Applied-Card-Bank-ripoff-this-compnay-is-doing-illegal-practices-I-p-166482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Country Bank